• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Waiting for the Seeker

Rechan

Adventurer
Just wanted to point at something:
ole: Controller. You are a primal hunter who forges bonds with mysterious spirits to gain their aid in bringing down your prey. Depending on your choice of class features, you lean toward either defender or striker as a secondary role.
So a ranged defender. I seem to recall having floated this idea and being told multiple times it wouldn't work.

I wonder how they're going to do this.

Rechan

Adventurer
Just looking at the various powers, this class to me feels like the ranged equivalent of the Swordmage. Or, perhaps, a real Arcane Archer.

Hawke

Explorer
I can't wait to read the explanation text from the pdf on this one.

I wonder how long it will be before the archer-ranger in my group wants to switch or multiclass? =)

WalterKovacs

First Post
Just wanted to point at something:

So a ranged defender. I seem to recall having floated this idea and being told multiple times it wouldn't work.

I wonder how they're going to do this.

The fluff on the builds mentioned that they focus on bows, or thrown weapons. The stats include Dex or Strength as secondary. My guess, the build not shown is a (heavy) thrown weapon build based on the strength, and is able to do some more defenderish stuff including some melee options.

Also, a secondary defender is possible for ranged. The controller's space overlaps with the fighter a bit. It would likely focus on reducing opponent's mobility and reducing the opponent's ability/options for attacking. The comparison to the Sword Mage is probably close in terms of "defending at a distance" although I doubt there would be much in the way of marking (although a few powers that can mark wouldn't be bad). I'd also expect some powers like the ranger interupts that can "stop" an enemies attack against as ally (I think I remember seeing at least one such power on the go through).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads