• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wanted D20 Conversions (yes, I know it's been done before, pls read first)

kibbitz

First Post
Still not getting any advice I needed, but work goes on, so I am going to work on a conversion. Can't find the original thread, so I'm looking for suggestions on stuff to convert. I'm considering either Fallout or a particular Final Fantasy, since I have access to the required material, but I'm having problems deciding on one. Other suggestions for conversions are welcome.

kibbitz

First Post
Crothian said:
Convert Thieves World. It'd be timely with the new book coming out soon.

Mind telling me more about this Thieves' World, Crothian? I've not heard anything of it before. And what happened to everyone else who wanted conversions of one thing or another a while back? All busy hunting for thiat 120k? :D

Voadam

Legend
VtM 2e for high discipline, low gen, high combat milieu. Needs to be able to handle methuselahs, lupines, mages, demons and tons of scrub sabbats.

Crothian

First Post
kibbitz said:

Mind telling me more about this Thieves' World, Crothian? I've not heard anything of it before. And what happened to everyone else who wanted conversions of one thing or another a while back? All busy hunting for thiat 120k? :D

THieves World is a series of boks filled with short stories all about the same place, the city of Sanctuary. Chasium (I beleive) came out with a generic box set and some modules for playing any fantasy system at the time in this wonderful setting. THe books are excellent, most were written in the 80's I think. They are starting up the line again with a new book called Sanctuary. I think it comes out this month. As for an RPG, I don't think anyone is currently doing anything with the setting. The Chasium stuff was all done in the mid 80's.

kibbitz

First Post
Thanks for the feedback, people. Now, let me tackle individual requests one by one...

Psychotiac Dreamer - Well, I do have Shadowrun 2e, will that do? Since I don't own any other Shadowrun material...

Dungeon Nazi - Need more info on Beneath The Twisted Tower and The Night Below, I've not heard of either and searching the web for info won''t really be a viable option until I get back to my cable modem tomorrow :)

Crothian - Sounds good. Any estimates as to how much those books cost? I really can't afford to buy much stuff for the sake of converting...

Voadam - Noted. I do have VtM, but after the recent thread regarding D20 VtM, I didn't feel that many would be interested in a conversion. I'll make a note to bring that book back with me, just in case...

Keep those suggestions coming...

Crothian

First Post
kibbitz said:

Crothian - Sounds good. Any estimates as to how much those books cost? I really can't afford to buy much stuff for the sake of converting...

Then don't worry about it. It's not that big of deal. All the books are out of print so even if you had the money, you would need to hunt them down. The series of short stories is 12 books long. They are a great read and really let you experience a grimmy, dirty city where literally anything goes. THe RPG stuff is a box set and I think 4 modules and they are even hardier to find then the books.

I'm just hoping to see a resurgance since a new book just came out this week. :D

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Psychotiac Dreamer - Well, I do have Shadowrun 2e, will that do? Since I don't own any other Shadowrun material...

That would be fine with me. I just want to see a Shadowrun type setting in a system I'm comfertable with. I've never been a huge fan of the system Shadowrun uses, but I love the setting.

:)

Remove ads