Wanted: Female point of veiw

Saint Mac

First Post
Hi all,

This is one of those "It could be in several different forum areas" post..sorry.

I've been a DM/GM and player for a long time and I have to say, I like to play in groups that are 'mixed'. I've heard in the past by some that having a female presence in the group is distracting and therefore not recommended. I've found it to be just the opposite.

Having said that, I'm in need of a female perspective. I am just now reading Pathfinder books now to make a change. Since I haven't found a group to play with yet, I'm beginning to think I'm going to end up having to be a GM again, just to play.

So, here's my request. Although it may sound odd or bias or wahtever, I'm looking for posts and blogs from women who play Pathfinder. What I'm after is an other view point on what they like in the platform itself as well as in their favorite campaigns.

If you would be so kind to point me in a direction, I would really appreciate it. If you're a guy like me and happen to know of a female player that would like to share, would you mind asking them to help me out?

Thanks! I appreciate your time.

Saint Mac

First Post
I wasn't trying to be shovenist, nor was I thinking there was only one opinion. I was wondering if there was a reason why I keep hearing of so many female gamers jumping to Pathfinder. Maybe there's nothing to it.

When you hear (around the proverbial water cooler) that Linda left this group or maggie left this group for Pathfinder, it made me wonder. As a player and dm/gm of over 20 years, I wondered if there was something to it. Since I'm a guy, I wondered if it was a matter of something more about than the game platform itself. And since I'm brand spanking new to Pathfinder, I wondered if someone heard the same thing within their own group. *shrug*

Does that make sense? I hope so, because it was never my intention to be rude.

Philosopher

First Post
I, too, am in agreement with pawsplay.

If you've heard that Linda and Maggie have switched to Pathfinder, why not ask Linda and Maggie?

Saint Mac

First Post
oh, i plan to but was wondering if people were seeing this too and what their thougths were. maybe its just this neck-of-the-woods. :)

IronWolf

blank
I'm not sure it is something unique to being female really. I recently started running Kingmaker for our group and mine is the first game to run with the Pathfinder rules, so by nature the female in our group is now playing Pathfinder as well. But, so are three males - for pretty much the same reason, I took on the task of DM'ing and wanted to run Pathfinder instead of the 3.5 system we had been running.

John Crichton

First Post
Having said that, I'm in need of a female perspective. I am just now reading Pathfinder books now to make a change. Since I haven't found a group to play with yet, I'm beginning to think I'm going to end up having to be a GM again, just to play.
It's likely because of all the sexy depictions of men in the Pathfinder books. Hoo baby!

:p

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
oh, i plan to but was wondering if people were seeing this too and what their thougths were. maybe its just this neck-of-the-woods. :)
See, I think this gets back to pawsplay's point. IMO, what you may have noticed was something simply because you were attuned to it. You caught wind of a few others switching to Pathfinder, saw something that truly is not a trend, but by staring hard enough one can make oneself believe there is meaning there.

I guess we're not paying attention to this as a trend because to us it's a meaningless thing to keep track of, though I could see maybe some militant gender studies major might get all outraged that I said that, ;). Paraphrasing Mal Reynolds', in gaming "we're all just folk". Or maybe from Star Wars, "these are not the demographic trends you are looking for". :D

Remove ads