Wanted: Players for Sci-Fantasy Campaign

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Wanted:

I want 3 to 5 players for a sci-fantasy campaign. While gaming locally in Colorado Springs would be nice, I also have set up this site to facilitate PBEM, PBP, or Chat gaming (I'd use ENWorld, though I thought it better to localize all of the game info in one dedicated place).

Campaign

The campaign will be largely player-driven, with little in the way of prescipted plot (i.e., adventure module structure). The basic premise is discussed under the "World Overview" section at the website linked to above. In a nutshell, PCs are several steps above normal men in terms of being able to do fantastic things (much as Odysseus was several steps above your run of the mill farmer). They're also outcasts, albeit outcasts who strive to do good. And then you have evil folks of a similarly powerful nature who are out to do. . . uhm. . evil. I think that you can probably figure out where this is going.

Systems:

Broadsword, OD&D (1974, or The Window. Basically, all of these are an option and each caters best to different styles of play. Links to each and discussion groups for each can be found at the website linked to above. If you're interested in playing, when you contact me, please rank these systems from 1 to 3, with "1" representing the system that you are most interested in and "3" representing the system that you are least interested in. Majority will rule, here. Basically, as players, you get to decide what system is being used.

Medium:

When contacting me, please specify which mode of play you are interested in (Face to Face, PBP, PBEM, or Chat).

Schedule:

This all depends on the chosen medium, so keep the following in mind when specifying what mode of play you are interested in. . .

If playing face to face, I am only available on weekends currently -- the good news is, I'm available all day long on Saturday and up until 5:00 PM MST on Sunday.

For chat gaming, I am available all weekdays after 7:00 PM MST and at the times previously mentioned for weekends.

Schedule is not so much an issue for PBP or PBEM games, rather, it is a question of turns -- and I think that two turns per player, per week, seems to work out rather well for such mediums (feel free to suggest other arrangements, if you like).

You can contact me via PM or email via the forum interface here or via email at the website linked to above.

Remove ads