War of the Burning Sky - Updated 1/18 with discussion of the Player's Guide

Greetings folks. I'm busy finishing up my draft of the first adventure in the WotBS campaign saga, and I thought I would start a thread for people who are interested in what the series is going to entail. I'll be answering questions, announcing news and updates, and posting some teasers and art as it comes in.

Today, I wanted to announce the names of the writers and which adventures they'll be writing. If some of them want to swing by to say hi, that would be cool.

• The Scouring of Gate Pass, by Ryan Nock (RangerWickett).
    Level 1. Release January 07.
  • The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar, by Jacob Driscoll (Kamikaze Midget).
    Level 3. Release February 07.
  • Shelter From the Storm, by Ryan Nock.
    Level 5. Release March 07.
  • The Mad King’s Banquet, by Hamid Raoof.
    Level 6. Release April 07.
  • Mission to the Monastery of Two Winds, by Andrew Kenrick (andrew_kenrick).
    Level 7-8. Release May 07.
  • Tears of the Burning Sky, by Ken Marable (kenmarable).
    Level 9-10. Release June 07.
  • The Trial of Echoed Souls, by Neil D’Cruze.
    Level 11-12. Release July 07.
  • O, Wintry Song of Agony, Felipe Correa (Land Outcast).
    Level 13-14. Release August 07.
  • The Festival of Dreams, by Ryan Nock.
    Level 15-16. Release September 07.
  • Sleep, Ye Cursed Child, by Wolfgang Baur.
    Level 17+. Release October 07.
  • Under the Eye of the Tempest, by Shane O’Connor (Alzrius).
    Level 17+. Release November 07.
  • The Beating of the Aquiline Heart, by Ryan Nock.

In my sig you'll find a link to the main WotBS page for E.N. Publishing. And, like a fool, I didn't realize that the sig image I've been using was uploaded as an attachment in a private forum, so most people haven't been seeing it. Heh.

I'm really excited about the campaign saga, and we've got some awesome news to announce in a few days.

Attachments

• SnakeEater.jpg
    SnakeEater.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 122,337
Last edited:

A piece of art, representing Boreus, a Ragesian inquisitor.

attachment.php

Illustration by the excellent David Hendee, who sadly seems to have vanished from the internet.

Attachments

• Inquisitor.jpg
    Inquisitor.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 916
Last edited:

vvincent

Explorer
War of the Byrning Sky - Players' Guide

With WotC releasing a PDF Player's Guide for their Savage Tide campaign, will there be a Player's Guide for the War of the Burning Sky? I know that the arc is designed to be dropped into an existing campaign, but given the nature of the conflict (multiple antagonists, politics and intrigue, etc) would a guide that provides some background and perhaps allows players to tailor their characters more directly for the arc be of interest?

Mind you - I love flavor material and background stuff, especially when combined with reasonable mechanics that reinforce the story.

Looking forward to the first installment next month. Speaking of which - when exactly in January do you see Part 1 being released?

Thanks again!

Vernon L. Vincent

Given the holidays, we're probably not going to be releasing until mid- to late-January. I'm hoping the rest of the adventures will be available earlier in their months, though.

Each adventure will include in the zip file a Campaign Saga Guide, intended for the GM as an overview of what the plot will look like across the 12 adventures. There is some material intended for players, so I think we should be able to create a player's guide as well. I think I ought to take a look at Paizo's; as much as I don't want us to look like we're just imitating Paizo, those boys and girls know what they're doing, and it would be foolish not to learn from their successes.

vvincent

Explorer
I absolutely agree with you. You don't need to imitate Paizo - just learn from what works and do it your way.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Vernon

RangerWickett said:
Given the holidays, we're probably not going to be releasing until mid- to late-January. I'm hoping the rest of the adventures will be available earlier in their months, though.

Each adventure will include in the zip file a Campaign Saga Guide, intended for the GM as an overview of what the plot will look like across the 12 adventures. There is some material intended for players, so I think we should be able to create a player's guide as well. I think I ought to take a look at Paizo's; as much as I don't want us to look like we're just imitating Paizo, those boys and girls know what they're doing, and it would be foolish not to learn from their successes.

DItheringFool

First Post
Campaign Settings

Personally, I'm tired of everything having to be generic enough that Eberron or The Forgotten Realms fans can plug-n-play. Campaign settings are great and all, but what happen to a healthy imagination? I hope you don't a darn thing to make your vision fit nicely with the big boys. I'll be buying it for the freshness...

kroh

First Post
There is a lot of anticipation for this on the site. If it's one thing that ENWorld-ers are of each other... it is supportive. This is definately going to be a fun project to follow and you can consider my coin already spent!

Regards,
Walt

Qwillion

First Post
"Emperor Coaltongue" what "old' king coal" was taken?

"Those in power are preparing for the coming conflict, readying fervent armies and powerful weapons and subtle, deceptive plots,"

Maybe it is just me but are there to many "ands" in that sentance.

"Though designed for a generic setting, the campaign saga can easily fit in most popular game worlds,"

This sentance also seems really wacky to me if it is designed to be generic I assume it has been sanitized enough to fit in my world lol.

Remove ads