• 1 huge rare, 6 uncommon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 huge rare, 6 uncommon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't buy by the case

Votes: 33 54.1%

Stormrunner

Explorer
Bought 17 boxes - 12 through Amazon, 5 through various FLGS. Haven't finished sorting them all, but I got both Bahamut and Tiamat.

Hearsay has it that boxes with the Nightmare artwork always have Uncommon huges, never Rare ones. So far my experience bears this out - of 5 Nightmare boxes none had a Huge rare.

Speaking of Nightmares, the Blackguard on Nightmare mini sems to have been mis-slotted. Though listed as a Rare, all three of the ones I got have shown up in an Uncommon slot of a pack containing a Huge rare (i.e., Huge rare, BoN, 2 uncommons, 4 commons).

Paint job quality varies a lot. Eldritch Giant was superb. Clawfoot Rider was horrible - colors slopping over into neighboring areas (e.g., bits of flesh-color around the rim of the shield), blotchy black areas where paint either was too thin or didn't adhere properly - it needs a repaint to look at all good.

Sammael

Adventurer
Stormrunner said:
Speaking of Nightmares, the Blackguard on Nightmare mini sems to have been mis-slotted. Though listed as a Rare, all three of the ones I got have shown up in an Uncommon slot of a pack containing a Huge rare (i.e., Huge rare, BoN, 2 uncommons, 4 commons).
The rarity distribution for WDQ is as follows:

1 huge mini (either rare or uncommon)
1 non-huge rare
2 non-huge uncommons
4 commons

So, the Blackguard on Nightmare is not misslotted, as it is possible to get two rares (a huge and a non-huge one) in a booster. This is the same as with Giants of Legend, and a common point of confusion.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Stormrunner said:
No, your Blackguard is in the regular rare spot. THere is always a stavdard rare, and sometimes also a huge rare. If the package contains a huge rare, you should also have a standard (medium or large) rare.

edit. Too slow.

Mad Mac

First Post
I ordered 2 cases and ended up with at least one of all but a handful of figures. I only had one duplicate normal rare (Blackguard) and like 3 duplicate uncommon huges. (Got all of them except the Fire Elemental, darn it).

I was just a bit unlucky with the normal uncommons in that I ended up with a lot of Trog and no Gnolls. Over all though, I'm pretty happy with my pulls.

DaveStebbins

First Post
I didn't check the case-to-case distribution, but over two cases I had four huge rares and eight huge uncommons. The only duplicate rares I ended up with came from buying one booster on the Friday they came out, because my cases weren't going to be delivered until the following Monday. So I ended up with two blackguards on nightmares and two dracoliches. The blackguards already came in useful because two of the PCs in my group like to fight mounted, and I'll be trading the extra dracolich to one of my buddies.

Most of the rares are nothing special, and I'd be willing to trade them for something else, but I haven't bothered to get a list together yet.

Last edited:

Remove ads