WarCraft RPG - Interview

Krug

Newshound
Beastman said:
hi @all,

for those interessted, there is a WarCraft RPG interview with D. Brooks here

Hmm.. didn't tell us much. But looks like there's going to be more supplements after that. I wonder if it'll do better than S&SS Everquest books.

Impeesa

Explorer
Re: Re: WarCraft RPG - Interview

Krug said:

Hmm.. didn't tell us much. But looks like there's going to be more supplements after that. I wonder if it'll do better than S&SS Everquest books.

Of course it will do well - it's got the actual D&D logo on it. ;) Plus, it's Warcraft. At the least, I know I'll buy everything they print. ;)

--Impeesa--

Dark Jezter

First Post
Hmmm, not a whole lot of information released in that interview.

I'm curious to see what the stats for Warcraft orcs are like, since they are different from typical D&D orcs. I'd say that the stats for a Warcraft orc would be similar to that of a bugbear, based on what I've seen and read in the games and novels.

Last edited:

Impeesa

Explorer
Depends... Orcs, as they appear in the more recent games and books, are probably an ECL +1 race. However, since they're a primary player race they are almost guaranteed to be balanced for no ECl - the bit of fiction in the preview that went up recently seems to imply a dex or base speed hit compared to humans, so that should offset their large str/con bonuses along with mental penalties.

--Impeesa--

Dark Jezter

First Post
Impeesa said:
Depends... Orcs, as they appear in the more recent games and books, are probably an ECL +1 race. However, since they're a primary player race they are almost guaranteed to be balanced for no ECl - the bit of fiction in the preview that went up recently seems to imply a dex or base speed hit compared to humans, so that should offset their large str/con bonuses along with mental penalties.

--Impeesa--

I'd say that the way orcs are presented in the books (Lord of the Clans, etc), would probably make them an ECL race. They are very strong and tough, not to mention quick. They appear to be just as intelligent and wise as humans, although I'd say that they could have a charisma hit.

So... +4 STR, +2 DEX, +2 CON, -2 CHA. Favored Class: Barbarian. Level Adjustment +1

At least, that's how I percieve Warcraft orcs. Very similar to Bugbears.

Remove ads