D&D 5E Warlock Magic Item Christmas Wish list

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
The Ring of Spell Storing is also a great item for warlocks. If you take a short rest with an unused spell slot, you can store a spell in the ring for later use. Other spellcasters can also store spells in it for you. If you have a wizard in your party, for example, he could store 5 castings of the shield spell in the ring.

My two favorite weapons for a Bladelock are the Warning weapon (easy to get) and the Defending weapon (not so easy).

In RoT, my BladeLock character got hold of a Dragon Mask, and the council of Metallic Dragons wanted it bad enough that I was able to barter it for a Defending Rapier from their treasury in trade. Best deal I ever made.

But the relative rarity (Uncommon, I think) of a Warning weapon would make it a much easier sell for your GM: get one of those and you'll never be surprised, and get advantage on all Initiative checks. You don't even have to be wielding it; you get the benefits as long as it's on your person.

User_Undefined

First Post
Once you make a list of reasonable gifts, ask for both a Staff of the Magi and a Robe of the Archmagi (in your alignment). Might as well have a few pie-in-the-sky wishes.

Awesome Adam

First Post
The Campaign's DM has always been a big fan of randomly rolling treasure, so I think the rarity will be less of a concern than overall powerlevel.

Of course this is the same DM that let my level 5 character find a, randomly rolled, +3 Shield and boots of flying, so anything may be fair game.

My list so far

Rod of The Pact Keeper
- +1/2/3 spell attack and spell DC, recover spell slot 1/day

Ring of Spell Storing, thank you, Falling Icicle, for the suggestion, this thing is amazing for Warlocks. Store 5 levels of spells.

Tomb of Leadership and Influence
- +2 CHA

Robe of the Archmagi - Extra amusing when you realise it was on my list before User_Identified suggested it. +2 spell attack and spell DC, advantage verses spells

Since those all require attunement, my list of cool, but less desirable ones I would trade up from

Pearl of Power recover a spell slot of up to 3rd level 1/day

Periapt of Wound Closer Stabilize auotmatically, heal twice as much when hit dice to deal

Weapon of Warning As suggested in this thread. Advantage on initiative and 30ft bubble of not being suprised

Belt of Dwarven Kind +2 Con, Dark Vision, Poison resistance, advantage vs poison, speak and read Dwarven, grow a beard over night

I may seriously put Belt of the Dwarven Kind on the top of my list

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Aarakocra + Ring of Feather Falling = No death when knocked unconscious whilst at a great height.

Unfortunately requires atunement.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Staff of Swarming Insects. For a flying warlock, the 30' cloud of heavy obscurement that moves with you and doesn't require concentration is amazing.

CapnZapp

Legend
Is there a 5E magic items that does that, or would I be asking for a custom homebrew item to do so ?
No official item provides anything that powerful.

The nearest bet would be a Spell Gem from Out of the Abyss. (Just invent a reason for the party to visit Blingdenstone and you're good to go :))

Awesome Adam

First Post
We wrapped up Out of The Abyss just before starting Curse of Strahd. I don't think I could convince them on that big of a detour for some sweet bling for my Warlock ;)

I'm pretty sure I can get the DM to drop a Ring of Spell Storing into a treasure, or at least craft a Pearl of Power, if there is downtime.

Remove ads