D&D 5E Warlord Healing

Do warlords need in-combat healing abilities?

• Warlords must have true in-combat healing.

Votes: 23 18.0%
  • Warlords must have some form of damage mitigation, but not necessarily true healing.

Votes: 43 33.6%
  • Warlords don't need damage mitigation abilities.

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • I have no interest in a 5E warlord class.

Votes: 50 39.1%

ChrisCarlson

First Post
This is why the 5e devs decided temp HPs would represent any inspirational bolstering (inspiring leader feat, battlemaster's rally maneuver, the heroism spell, etc.).

Lord Twig

Adventurer
You mean people are still complaining about inspiring healing HP?

Yes.

I know I am (still complaining that is). It is a ridiculous ability. How is the PDK restoring HPs? It's not magic. Apparently it is the all powerful don't-worry-about-it force.

As in: "How did you recover from that blow? It could have killed a horse!"

"Don't worry about it."

This is the same force that allows the coyote to run in the air until he notices the ground isn't underneath him any more.

ChrisCarlson

First Post
Let us also remember that the PDK healing feature does not work on unconscious allies. And is only usable once-per-rest by first healing themselves for more HPs than is offered to each of the PDK's three allies.

So there are those caveats to this "Well, the devs clearly allow for inspirational HP recovery!" mantra...

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Let us also remember that the PDK healing feature does not work on unconscious allies. And is only usable once-per-rest by first healing themselves for more HPs than is offered to each of the PDK's three allies.

So there are those caveats to this "Well, the devs clearly allow for inspirational HP recovery!" mantra...

One wonders why they even bothered. I think they only made people on both sides of the debate unhappy.

Remove ads