• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warriors & Warlocks out on PDF!

frankthedm

First Post
Thank you for the reply.
If they are minions, then the Barbarian is about to take down 7 or 8 this round (assuming good attack roles).
A sweep/spin/whirlwind style attack I assume?
If they are not minions, this fight is taking 4-5 hours of real time, because those are a ton of guys to track damage on.
So how many actions would it take to put down one fang face assuming 8th level cinematic characters?

Miar said:
There is a review up over on Rpgnet. Link
Hey, thanks for the link.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
A sweep/spin/whirlwind style attack I assume?
Actually, it's the basic Takedown Attack feat, which works just like Cleave, unless you're dealing with Minions in which case it works like Great Cleave. If you take the second rank then it works like the 3.0 Supreme Cleave master samurai ability, but only against Minions; it does nothing when fighting non-Minions.
So how many actions would it take to put down one fang face assuming 8th level cinematic characters?
Tough call. Given the variable nature of damage resistance (it's a saving throw), and the scaling failure chart, it can take anywhere from one action to thirty to put down a single target. It's just the nature of the system.

Belorin

Explorer
Alright, who's the wiseguy that thought up this little gem?
Now our M&M GM will want to try this out on us.
We play twice a month and there are six of us, three that GM.
I DM 4E and CoC.
One GM's Pathfinder and one GM's M&M and now probably W&W.
We rotate games every other month unless we get caught up in the story like in my CoC which is ending in June. I will be replacing it with Arduin Eternal.

Bel

I know True20 but am not into supers games at all. And I mean at all.

If I wanted to do dark fantasy with competent (not super-human) heroes that get better and better yet fights against 20 orcs remain dangerous, and with magic similar to the Force (dark side corruption and all) and rituals for Conan-like sorcery, will M&M2 with W&W allow me to.

I know you will answer yes. But will it also be a good system for doing it?

Silvercat Moonpaw

Adventurer
I know True20 but am not into supers games at all. And I mean at all.

If I wanted to do dark fantasy with competent (not super-human) heroes that get better and better yet fights against 20 orcs remain dangerous, and with magic similar to the Force (dark side corruption and all) and rituals for Conan-like sorcery, will M&M2 with W&W allow me to.

I know you will answer yes. But will it also be a good system for doing it?
Yes. M&M uses the same mechanics as True20 but broken up so that you build your own pieces. So you can build your own "dark side magic" corruption and all (but there is a pre-built option for it in W&W). Damage and Toughness are mostly the same (I think there's one less damage condition), so as long as you stick to how True20 scales them your M&M heroes will still be as vulnerable. If you read the M&M core book and hear about power levels and go on the M&M forums and hear about "hitting caps" DO NOT LET THAT DISUADE YOU. Those are one method of play that can easily be ignored without breaking the whole system.

I would say the thing you have to ask yourself is: do I want to have to to buy two new books? Because to use Warriors&Warlocks you have to buy the M&M core book.

TheWyrd

First Post
You can run a game with the M&M core book, but for doing a high level of customization adding in Ultimate Power (For Power Building) and Mastermind's Manual (for everything else building) might be a good idea.

Remove ads