Was Reading My Mentzer Expert Rules and What did I see?

Tewligan

First Post
This image shows the classic D&D party: an group of evil, sadistic freebooters (regardless of what is written under "alignment" in their character sheets) assaulting a poor, old leper for the XP and his stuff. You can tell by their looks of murderous glee as the leper raises his gnarled hands in supplication, begging for mercy he will not find in the cold, greedy hearts of the PCs.

There are several appropriately old-school possible reasons for this:
a) The leper is actually a thief who will pickpocket the innocent PC's
b) The leper is actually a doppelganger who will kill and replace on of the PC's
c) Okay, he actually is just a leper, but just look at all those cp's in his cup!

Dire Bare

Legend
I saw a tiefling looking at me.

willingham12.png

Right on the first page too.

Guess they really HAVE been around for a while.

It's a helmet. A poorly drawn helmet on a poorly drawn warrior, but a helmet nonetheless.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I saw a tiefling looking at me.

I love those "What did you see" children books. I read them to the little one a lot. Maybe we can do a new one?

Reader, reader, what did you see?
I see a tiefling looking at me.

Tiefling tiefling what did you see?
I see a beggar looking at me.

Beggar beggar what did you see?
I saw a bald mage zapping me.

Bald mage, bald mage what did you see?
I saw a corpse robbing dwarf looking at me.

Robiing dwarf, robbing dwarf what did you see?
I saw my reflection in two coppers looking at me.

Simon Atavax

First Post
It's a helmet. A poorly drawn helmet on a poorly drawn warrior, but a helmet nonetheless.

Indeed. Perhaps I'm missing the whole point of the thread--perhaps my irony meter is turned down way too low--but surely it's fairly obvious it's an elf with a helmet, isn't it? Perhaps the OP was simply suggesting, "Hey, this actually looks like a tiefling, lol!"???

jensun

First Post
Indeed. Perhaps I'm missing the whole point of the thread--perhaps my irony meter is turned down way too low--but surely it's fairly obvious it's an elf with a helmet, isn't it? Perhaps the OP was simply suggesting, "Hey, this actually looks like a tiefling, lol!"???
Nothing about that picture shouts "elf" to me at all. The horns look like they are attached to the head and the black marks on the face look more like tattoos than a helmet.

If I was looking for an image of a tiefling it isnt that far off something I might use.

awayfarer

First Post
Feh, so tiefling's were always that horny eh? Am I the only one who thinks enormous goat horns make tieflings look more ridiculous than evil? How about we try other anatomical features common among barnyard animals? A big coat of sheepy wool? A chicken beak? Ooh! How about a curly piggy tail! Sheesh.

Remove ads