ways to propel yourself while levitating

superkurt13

First Post
A favorite tactic of my wizard is to cast levitate at the beginning of a battle so I can avoid danger from any melee attackers. Iwas wondering, instead of just being stuck going up and down, is there any way to move horizontally wile levitating? I was thinking that if I summoned a flying creature and had it push my that might work. Does anyone know if this will/won't work, or have any other ideas?

Ilium

First Post
We are well into the realm of DM adjudication, so you'll have to talk to your DM.

If it was my game, I'd let a flying creature push you around as if you were an object of your normal weight and it was trying to move you on the ground. So basically you'd be moving very slowly unless the creature was strong enough to just carry you in the first place.

Infiniti2000

First Post
SRD said:
...the recipient could clamber along the face of a cliff, for example, or push against a ceiling to move laterally (generally at half its base land speed).

Ilium said:
If it was my game, I'd let a flying creature push you around as if you were an object of your normal weight and it was trying to move you on the ground.
I think it should require Good or Perfect maneuverability, though.

superkurt13 said:
A favorite tactic of my wizard is to cast levitate at the beginning of a battle so I can avoid danger from any melee attackers. Iwas wondering, instead of just being stuck going up and down, is there any way to move horizontally wile levitating? I was thinking that if I summoned a flying creature and had it push my that might work. Does anyone know if this will/won't work, or have any other ideas?
Sir Issac Newton had a few. :)

Remove ads