Level Up (A5E) We could really use some DTRPG reviews!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you've downloaded the PDFs of Level Up from DTRG, we'd really appreciate it if you'd spare a moment to leave a quick review or comment!

Last edited:

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I've added star reviews, but Trials and Treasures isn't showing up as a product I can review. It's there in my Library, but the link leads me to a page saying the product is not available.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've added star reviews, but Trials and Treasures isn't showing up as a product I can review. It's there in my Library, but the link leads me to a page saying the product is not available.
Slight glitch but try again! :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I see Rant is back and reviewbombing them with the same old junk he was posting here.
Yeah. He very angry. I expect he'll do that on all of the books. Which is why it's important that folks have a selection of reviews to read!

Waller

Legend
Yeah. He very angry. I expect he'll do that on all of the books. Which is why it's important that folks have a selection of reviews to read!
I see since he got banned from here he downgraded his opinion of Level Up from "I like it but my definition of compatibility is this exact thing" to "I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!"

justin bieber haters gonna hate GIF

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Q: I know level up is a standalone game, but how easy is it to pick bits and pieces of it to use with 5e core?

This might influence my Christmas purchasing decisions. :)

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Q: I know level up is a standalone game, but how easy is it to pick bits and pieces of it to use with 5e core?

I'll just cut-and-paste my review over at DTRPG of the Trials & Treasures book:

I give this 5 stars for the Encounter Design, Exploration, and Exploration Challenges sections alone. That's about 120 pages of content that any GM could use - and a lot of it could be used in games that aren't strictly fantasy; the Regions and Explorations Challenges could be put to use even in sci-fi games. There's also 13 pages on worldbuilding, and sections on Maladies, various kinds of Adventuring Rewards, and of course Enchanted Gear!

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic

Fairly easy. If you remember the days of 3.0/3.5 when you might use stuff from one in the other it's a level of effort that is probably similar or ;less depending on the thing. The biggest loss you might run into is that o5e has a lot of things that allow a player to just automatically succeed at something at no cost/effort like outlander/goodberry/tiny hut/etc while levelup/a5e is designed to avoid that kind of stuff. You can use o5e archetypes with levelup classes but tbh the a5e ones with all of their choices are so much better & flavorful that nobody will want to :D

Remove ads