D&D 4E We have more posts in our 4E forum than WotC has in theirs..

drothgery

First Post
Morrus said:
Just sayin'... cool.

... and when you consider that half of the posts are in the Doomsday thread, and half the rest ought to be, you understand why.

Here there's actual discussion of what is and/or ought to be in 4e (or stuff that's not too far tangential, like how certain mechanics work in Star Wars Saga Edition and their merits), and it doesn't take too long for the mods to get to someone posting '4e iz teh suck' four times in different threads.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
And yay for WotC, too. I don't envy their moderators; they have a tougher job than we do, because they have less autonomy (I assume) and higher volume than we do. That's probably why they've disabled new threads in their 4e forum.

I've been really impressed by the quality of posting here. The fact that 99% of members effectively moderate themselves fills me with joy. :D

Glyfair

Explorer
Morrus said:
Just sayin'... cool.

In fact, even if we had the same number of threads, I think we have more variety of conversation here. Quite a number of threads seem to be just rehashing the same subjects over & over. The Eberron thread is going round and round about the removal of craft and item creation from 4E (which seems to be taking a small comment and build a web of assumptions and guesses around it).

Don't even talk about the "how to get females interested in D&D" which at one point consisted of arguments about whether there should even be a thread for that discussion.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Really cool, but it doesn't surprise me, EN World is THE D&D forum, as it has been since Eric created the site :)

Glyfair

Explorer
Piratecat said:
And yay for WotC, too. I don't envy their moderators; they have a tougher job than we do, because they have less autonomy (I assume) and higher volume than we do. That's probably why they've disabled new threads in their 4e forum.

I've been really impressed by the quality of posting here. The fact that 99% of members effectively moderate themselves fills me with joy. :D

Actually, Mike discusses why they did that (and the notorious "oops, the 4E forum isn't hidden" mistake) here.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
And I imagine the posts here are of much higher quality too.

I took a quick look over there about a week ago, and then scurried for safety back here at Enworld. They were crazy over there.

EyeontheMountain said:
And I imagine the posts here are of much higher quality too.

I took a quick look over there about a week ago, and then scurried for safety back here at Enworld. They were crazy over there.

Shoot, I did that after the 3.5 books were finally released. EN World is my gaming place; the WOTC forums hold no attraction mostly because I find a significant majority of the discussion to be too, well, juvenile.

Remove ads