• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We need your advice please :)

Just_Hal

First Post
Najo said:
We are really familiar with the products that have come out from both WOTC and the third parties, I personally have been involved with the industry for almost 20 years now, and a retailer in it for over 10. Our store is very event driven, and we have down to a near-science how to sell and market the successful products in our store. From my experience with D&D 3.5, you have products that are official from WOTC (selling 10x as much as a third party), next are cool products that are fairly professional and know what they're doing with the game mechanics, but many do not effortlessly fit onto D&D (I would even put the Wotc official products that technically "flop" here too), and then products that do not know how to build onto the d20 game mechanics. Most third parties are the latter, unfortunately. But a good D&D (or other roleplaying) product is built with the players wants and needs in mind, which all too often seem to get missed. The best D&D products hit certain "sweet" spots, and we plan to do the same. Our main hurdle will be getting people to look at us, embrace our products and take us as serious as official material. Once we have done that, the rest falls in to place. Our business plan has more to it at this point, regarding our marketing and secondary product plans, but I can't get into specifics at this point.

Regardless, I appreciate your concerns and warnings, but we are going to do everything we can to keep costs manageble and protect ourselves, while reaching our goals. If we don't attempt this, there is always the what ifs and what could be. The game designer in me can't live with that, and I feel we have a decent shot at succeding with this project, once we get through this last phase of work we're in. Wish us luck ;)

Good luck and I wish you well, I am interested in what you are doing. I wish you well.

Najo

First Post
Land Outcast said:
Man, that almost brought a tear to my eye :cool:

-

Godspeed :cool:

:D As did what you wrote for us Land Outcast, :) Thanks for the kind words

And thank you as well Hal, we will keep you all informed as more information comes along.

Remove ads