D&D 5E Weakest Stat Combo

Zardnaar

Legend
Githyanki (MToF) get +2 Strength/+1 Int. Which as the original gish, and coming with weapon and armour proficiencies isn't actually bad. Wizard in medium armor and 2H sword Booming Blading everyone = win.

I generally rate tieflings and gnomes as the weakest PHB races. But MToF has some stronger options for Tieflings (cha/dex, cha/str), as does the SCAG variant (int/dex).

Good find I forgot about the gith. The one archetype it leans towards the racial stuff is useless.

Leaves your example of a fighting wizard.

Githyanki Gish, to quote Admiral Ackbar “ Is a Trap!”

D6 hp, Medium armor and no Con bonuses leaves you mostly dead, though take the Bladesinger and make some modifications, and you can get a decent Githyanki Knight build for a PC.

Zardnaar

Legend
Githyanki Gish, to quote Admiral Ackbar “ Is a Trap!”

D6 hp, Medium armor and no Con bonuses leaves you mostly dead, though take the Bladesinger and make some modifications, and you can get a decent Githyanki Knight build for a PC.

If you can convince the DM about not being an elf.

Sorcerer build is better for fighting IMHO.

You would expect a githyanki wizard to have a con of 14 even without racial bonuses. Point buy 16/12/14/16/8/8. I would actually favour the War Wizard from Xanathar's rather than Bladesinger, which doesn't benefit from the armour and weapon proficiencies.

Abjuration Wizard would also work, with it's temp hp buffer.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
You would expect a githyanki wizard to have a con of 14 even without racial bonuses. Point buy 16/12/14/16/8/8. I would actually favour the War Wizard from Xanathar's rather than Bladesinger, which doesn't benefit from the armour and weapon proficiencies.

Abjurer wizard is my go to for fish types using wizard.

EK6/Wiz XYZ.

I've roughed out a battle sorcerer build with a Mountain Dwarf but you want high rolled stats.

This could work ok with default array, high stats would be a bonus. You still kind of want 14 Dex though.

Shiroiken

Legend

I have a PC Githyanki Abjuration Wizard in my current GoS campaign. Has worked out fairly well, because he's not expected to be a melee character, but can move between melee and ranged as needed.

Remove ads