• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Welcome to ENWorld 2

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Cool!

Would it be possible to have a style that shows the front page without scrollbars? The article stubs don't seem all that long -- it'd be nice to just be able to scroll the whole page.

Thanks, -- N

Michael Morris

First Post
Cool!

Would it be possible to have a style that shows the front page without scrollbars? The article stubs don't seem all that long -- it'd be nice to just be able to scroll the whole page.

Thanks, -- N
It would be nice if the images would display if I didn't specify the div heights, but alas Internet Explorer - even 8 beta - is incapable of this elementary feat that every other browser is capable of. That's why the scrollbars are there, to work around an IE bug.

I suppose I could lock the scrollbars down to IE only. IE sucks.

Further proof -- WARNING, IF YOU ARE USING INTERNET EXPLORER THE FOLLOWING LINK WILL MOST LIKELY CRASH YOUR BROWSER. DO NOT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU ARE USING IE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Click to crash IE

Any browser that can be brought down by a web page is not one I would run on my computer.

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Oooo. I had no idea it was that bad.

Well, I can live with them -- most of the article stub text seems to be visible anyway.

Thanks, -- N

mearlus

Explorer
Michael,

I appreciate the time that folks at enworld have taken to update the site. I have to say, I love the fact that pages load and load fast ;) I think the implementation of new features/modules to the site will benefit the community greatly (wiki, blogs etc).

While I don't prefer the layout of the news page, I see its merits. I will get use to it I am sure. The one problem I have with it stems from when I come back to the site to see what is new on the page. I have to scroll down and glance at all of the boxes vs seeing the new items at the top in order to see what is actually new. Attached is a screen shot of the current page where some older articles are above newer. This method feels like new articles are getting 'buried' for a lack of a better word.

I believe this may be due to articles set to the maybe the duration an article has been set to be 'featured' or regular article. I'm not sure what the mechanism is that can be set. What I'm curious about, is if it is possible to have a profile available that sets the front page news articles to be sorted by 'posted date/time' so all new items are on top? Or maybe a spot at the top for the 'featured' articles that could be considered a 'sticky' like in the forums, and then sorted by newest to oldest below it.

All that being said, it's not the end of the world if this isn't at all possible. I hope it could be considered as I think it might make the user experience a little easier for those of us who mostly use enworld as a news site.

Again, thanks for all the effort and continuing effort with the site. Keeping a site that gets as many hits as enworld up and running and improving performance is not an easy feat, good work at getting it done :)

Attachments

• enworld.jpg
    enworld.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 57

Remove ads