Welcome to Long Island Gameday Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
madwabbit said:
With that said, however, I always have the itch to run something, so... I'm thinking maybe something pulp (Hollow Earth Expedition/Indiana Jones-ish) or something off-the-wall and indie (Dust Devils, Spirit of the Century, Inspectres, or The Shab al-Hiri Roach).

Ohh ohhh ohhh something Indiana Jones-ish. Sign me up!!!! Pick me! Pick me!!

madwabbit

First Post
Queenie122 said:
Ohh ohhh ohhh something Indiana Jones-ish. Sign me up!!!! Pick me! Pick me!!
I can make that happen, for sure, then. :)

X-posted from CM: "We're at 99%-1% ... still trying to make sure nothing else is going on in my boss' co-op building that day which would prevent me getting his cable hooked up (which is what the wireless network setup is waiting on). I'm checking with the bldg management to make sure I get the all-clear signal... doesn't look like there's going to be a hitch there, so I'm 99% sure I'll be there."

Rodrigo, if you're reading this, are you still in? I'd probably leave Thursday night for an early Friday morn arrival in SoHo (I'd be driving, so you could snooze) -- hopefully that would work for you. I'd do my bidness there in the day while you hang out in SoHo (if that works for you), and then we'd head out to LI that Friday afternoon.

Last edited:

madwabbit said:
Rodrigo, if you're reading this, are you still in? I'd probably leave Thursday night for an early Friday morn arrival in SoHo (I'd be driving, so you could snooze) -- hopefully that would work for you. I'd do my bidness there in the day while you hang out in SoHo (if that works for you), and then we'd head out to LI that Friday afternoon.

Works for me. And I do IT crap for a living, so I could help with the computer work. Many hands, and all that.

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Works for me. And I do IT crap for a living, so I could help with the computer work. Many hands, and all that.
Werd. It's really just as simple as waiting on Time-Warner to show up and activate the cable, then I plug in the cable modem and wireless router, set dat shiznet up, and then BOO-YAH, we're outta there.

One last tiny obstacle to resolve, but I pretty much think it's a done deal that this will happen.

madwabbit

First Post
John Crichton said:
Oddly enough, it's shaping up to be a call for a HEX-type game...
Heh, my brain's pretty much stuck in the Pulp Era or Star Wars Saga these days (both of which themselves are quite similar), so it was a short distance for me to travel in that thread.

Looks like I'll definitely be running a pulpy-something on Saturday afternoon using HEX/Secrets of the Surface World. More details to come... just waiting on a permissions thang from the game designers.

If we need games, I've got a Serenity, Dread, and a Grim Tales Western already 'in the can'. I've also been tinkering with a Logan's Run pseudo-sequel set in D.C.

madwabbit

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
If we need games, I've got a Serenity, Dread, and a Grim Tales Western already 'in the can'. I've also been tinkering with a Logan's Run pseudo-sequel set in D.C.
Niiiiiiice. Any of these would be bery, bery cool.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited for you guys to all come and hang out - I think we have a great mob of people and since we're not *too* huge of a group it'll really lend to some fun "get to know you while gaming" time!

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads