West End Games for Sale

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
On the heels of a failed product launch in March, an inability to refund consumers their money for preorders of said product, and a subsequent consumer backlash, West End Games is officially on the block. After posting a scathing condemnation of RPGnet, Dana Jorgensen, and RPG hobbyisits in general, the current owner of West End Games (Eric Gibson) announced on his own forums that he is selling the entire company because he is "tired of all the work for negative reward".

[Note: I submitted this as a 'scoop' for the news page, but am unsure if I did so correctly. It's bigg-ish news, though, so I'm posting it here to make sure that all of the bases are covered.]

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
That thread got a little heated so I will offer here to help Eric out with a d6 SRD if he is still interested.

Bill

I posted elsewhere that I was saddened to see things end up like this (though not entirely surprised). On the upside, this may be an opportunity for an established publisher (or group of publishers) to step in and give the D6 System and other WEG properties the kind of support that they have lacked since the mid-1990s. At any rate, here's hoping!

HinterWelt

First Post
I posted elsewhere that I was saddened to see things end up like this (though not entirely surprised). On the upside, this may be an opportunity for an established publisher (or group of publishers) to step in and give the D6 System and other WEG properties the kind of support that they have lacked since the mid-1990s. At any rate, here's hoping!

I would love to have a chance to do a Roma Imperious, Nebuleon and Shades of Earth d6 version. I only wish it was under happier circumstances. :(

Bill

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Dana Jorgensen is a little drama queen. At least when she latches her fangs on to something like this, she's too busy to leave negative reviews of her direct competitors' products at RPGNow.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases