WFRP Release Updates for 2020

Cubicle 7 has shared some information about their release schedule for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in 2020.

Cubicle 7 has shared some information about their release schedule for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay in 2020.

Q1 -- Death on the Reik (Enemy Within). The Enemy Within campaign will continue with Death on the Reik and its companion volume. While the party enjoys the freedom of life on the rivers of the Empire, dark forces are gathering and a terrible countdown has begun. Something dark and terrible radiates with foul energy beneath a seat of ancient nobility, and those whose hearts belong to the Ruinous Powers grow more daring in their pursuit of any who would dare defy them. And somewhere, nestled close to the Empire’s heart, The Power Behind the Throne grows stronger.

Q1 -- GM Screen. Standing tall like the walls of Altdorf themselves, the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Gamemaster Screen presents a handy summary of all the important rules of WFRP alongside a variety of useful Gamemaster tools. It is accompanied by a Gamemaster’s Guide full to bursting with tips, tricks, and optional rules to expand your campaigns in new and exciting directions.

Q1 -- Ubersreik Adventures The Guilty Party. The final part of Ubersreik Adventures is now available in PDF! Buy The Guilty Party here or purchase the PDF bundle that includes all six Ubersreik scenarios here. Physical copies in Q1. The Guilty Party is designed to be completed in over 1 to 2 sessions and is suitable for Characters with a little bit of experience adventuring around Ubersreik. The scenario see the Characters take to the road, leaving behind familiar turf to find evidence of wrongdoing on the road to Altdorf.
The Guilty Party can also act as a way of moving a group of established adventures into the peril and intrigue of Enemy in Shadows, the first chapter of the epic Enemy Within campaign.

You can also pre-order the physical copy of this bundle with PDFs included here. Physical copies will be sent first quarter 2020.

Q3 -- Middenheim – City of the White Wolf. Middenheim – City of the White Wolf provides a wealth of detail about the greatest city state of the Old World, both before and after the events of The Enemy Within.

Q4 -- Altdorf. A detailed map created by the now-mad cartographer Uswald the Fastidious. A wealth of locations, NPCs and plot hooks to engage any group. An exploration of the political and religious structures of the Empire, both before and after the events of The Enemy Within. New talents, endeavours, and combat options.

Ubersreik-Adventures-Cover-with-logo.jpg

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
I believe you but what was actually delayed? I haven’t been keeping up. Seems to have been some reshuffling after the One Ring loss but these delays seem small compared to Modiphius not releasing a V5 product over a year after the release of V5 and the two supplements there.

I cannot remember what has been delayed, meaning; when there was a set date and then that date has been pushed back. To my recollection, release dates are left consistently vague instead. It has been frustrating to some. I am perfecftly capable of generating my own matierals for the game. I think there is enough in the core book and plenty of setting material online to work with. (Warhammer Wiki). Plus second ed material to adapt. But for many people with busy lives, they don't have the time to create and must relay on printed material.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I heard that FFG has laid off their entire RPG staff, cancelled the Star Wars Destiny cardgame, and is wrapping up production on the SW RPG. Maybe I jumped the gun assuming they were losing the license, but they are ending production on most of their SW games.
Some of that is true, but I haven't heard it's as extreme as that. I reported on it hereto dn have been following it:

The RPG department appears to being reduced o a couple of full-time staff and moving to a freelance model. There is tons of SW board and minis game stuff that they're still producing. There's not been any indication that that they are losing the license. The main thing going on there appears to be that their parent company is looking to streamline to cut costs.

I'm still waiting on my physical copy of "Enemy in Shadows," the first volume. I think the chances of seeing the 2nd volume come out within a few months ("Q1") is overly optimistic.
I'm just afraid that Cubicle 7 has taken on more than they can chew with producing "The Enemy Within" (the campaign adventures and the guides, not to mention the other Warhammer/Sigmar products).
I'm worried that this might all turn to vaporware.
Licensed games do tend to have a finite timeline, but I doubt that Cubicle 7 are about to drop a license they have only just got going. Without knowing the details, it’s likely that a contract will have been signed for a period of time (5 years, for example?) and they will have planned out a set of releases accordingly. They lost the Lord of the Rings license during renegotiation at the end of a contract, which is not going to affect anything with their other licenses - and there isn’t any sign of them laying off staff or the like.

Expect to see Warhammer products by Cubicle 7 for a while yet.

TheSword

Legend
Don’t underestimate what a coup getting Graeme Davis back on the project was. To be fair to Cubicle 7 they’ve created an award winning RPG. Have released Rough Nights, The Starter Set, The pdf of Enemy in Shadows and a Companion book to it and an anthology of adventures in the Ubersreik Series - all in 13 months. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

They are committing to 3 substantial 4e products in 2020. That also sounds reasonable to me... guess whichever other RPG producer follows a similar release quantity? They also released similar schedules of products for the Aime series and ended up with a dozen products!

I’ve followed Games Workshop for a long time. What each incarnation of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay has demonstrated, time and again (as well as other licensed franchises like Total War) is that if it’s successful they’ll keep it running for years.

If taking a month or two extra is what is needed to make sure a product that could last for generations (like the original) then I don’t care if they take all year!

Anybody got any insights on the page counts each of the Middenheim and Altdorf city books?
Nothing official, but it seems that the announcement is about 'PDF's available ...' So I'm wondering if they will be smaller PDFs, later collected into one physical book, like the Ubersreik Adventures have been?

Skywalker

Adventurer
My table has been playing non-stop sense release but we long ago ran out of printed material for this edition. I have been running Lure of the Liche Lord from second edition. We are waiting for more of the Enemy Within to be released before diving in. We will be switching to Zweihander rules for Enemy Within. Anyone else running 4th ed materials with Zweihander?

Not 4th edition. However, it is easier to convert 1e and 2e to ZH as its mechanically closer to them than 4e is. Fortunately, all of The Enemy Within is already out for 1e: DriveThruRPG.com - Cubicle 7 Entertainment Ltd. - Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay First Edition - The Largest RPG Download Store!

Remove ads

Remove ads