D&D 4E What 4E class do you most want to try out?

What class will first 4e character be?

• Cleric

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • Fighter

Votes: 40 15.6%
  • Paladin

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Ranger

Votes: 19 7.4%
  • Rogue

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Warlock

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Warlord

Votes: 43 16.8%
  • Wizard

Votes: 63 24.6%

Howndawg

Explorer
I'm fascinated by wizards, but not being a big fan of the current magic system, I usually wind up playing fighters or barbarians. The new resource management system seems to make wizards less of a pain in the rump, so I'll think I'll go with them.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Wizard. First character was wizard, current characters are (when I'm playing) wizards... and 4E shall be start with a wizard as well. Then I'll try a rogue, perhaps going towards paladin - getting acrobatic action, then curving out to divine champion? Sounds good - and a good test for multiclassing!

Cheers, LT.

Masquerade

First Post
Warlord, probably with some arcane spellcasting capabilities like the one from whatever playtest.

Further down the line, I'm looking forward to playing the swordmage class.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
What to play?

Most likely a warlock. My favorite 3E character was a rogue who started off CG but slowly slid to almost evil through a variety of curses and low wisdom. Grimslade was 'blessed' by Orcus (+6 social skill bonus with evil outsiders) and cursed by Jubilex to have an unhealthy attraction to Oozes. He had such a bright noble future ahead of him at 1st level, now all is shadow.
I figure I'd continue from that point in 4E with a warlock/rogue. Although the new wizard seems dead sexy. I will have a hard time choosing. I always have more character ideas than I can play anyways. The edition doesn't matter the text will summon a form in my mind and a new character will be born.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I want to try the fighter and see how they change with the new weapon rules that were hinted at. I want to see if I finally get decent skills.

I am also intensely interested in how the multiclassing rules work, since fighter/rogue is just about my favorite combination.

Roland55

First Post
I'm pleased to see a fair amount of breadth. Good! If no one wants to play a class, why have it?

I picked Warlock.

Why? Because I have never played that class. It was Warlock or Warlord -- one War or the other -- for me! :cool:

Remove ads