What about the half-machine template?

Bavix

First Post
Dungeon #91 has an adventure named "Kambranex's Machinations" that inttroduces a new template for half-machine creatures. What do you think about the template (and the adventure in general). I'm thinking of running it but I'm afraid that if one of the PCs gets mechanized it may unbalance the party.

Bavix

Rashak Mani

First Post
I read fastly thru it... in general its better for NPC foes... its really wierd and some of the powers arent at all mechanical. Since there can be many variations you could adjust as you see more balanced ... if the PC feels lets say a little behind take him back to the machine shop and get some extra stuff installed to crank up power.

ME ? I would never let anyone use it... to out of fantasy realm

Tolen Mar

First Post
I saw that line as well...

It really piqued my interest. Can anyone post a description of it (Or maybe a copy of the article?)

Back issues are hard to find in these parts, and I missed that one, so....

thundershot

Adventurer
it's a VERY interesting template... and I'd LOVE to see an official ECL for it. An old PC from 2E was never converted because of his drow mechanical limbs... I could only imagine him returning as a half-machine.. <grin> <is the DM>

Phanboy

First Post
Why the breath weapon though? I'm completely befuddled as to why a half machine would automatically have a breath weapon.

Vaxalon

First Post
It doesn't automatically have a breath weapon, that's only one of several options you can choose.

Try out a half-machine horse with the Run and Endurance feats!

Remove ads