D&D 5E What are all the dice you hand to another player as part of something else?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I love abilities that let me hand another player dice. For example:

1) Guidance, hand a player a d4
2) Bless, hand three players a d4
3) Bardic inspiration, hand a player a d6 (or d8, d10, d12 depending on your level)
4) Inspiration (the non-bardic kind), hand a player a d20
5) Help Action, hand a player a d20

Can anyone think of other abilities, spells, magic items, or anything else where it would be helpful as part of activating for you as a player to hand another player a die as a reminder that the benefit is present?

Resistance - d4

Guiding Bolt, Faerie Fire, Color Spray, Sleep, Blindness, Web, Entangle, Haste and others have a chance to give your allies a d20

aco175

Legend
As a DM I try to have the players roll lots of dice. Some is so I can be freed up and speed combat up, but also because rolling dice is part of the game that most people like to do. I let them roll healing when spells are cast on them. I also did this as a player at a convention last month and the other player seemed a bit shocked at first, but really liked the idea.

Mistwell

As a DM I try to have the players roll lots of dice. Some is so I can be freed up and speed combat up, but also because rolling dice is part of the game that most people like to do. I let them roll healing when spells are cast on them. I also did this as a player at a convention last month and the other player seemed a bit shocked at first, but really liked the idea.

I agree with you that players like rolling dice. It's one of the primary reasons I enjoy handing dice ti fellow players.

aco175

Legend
I even have gone so far as to let the players roll damage that monsters do upon their characters. Some other members here suggested that this is a bit cruel making the players damage their characters but I mostly use it to speed up play and the players do not have a problem with it at my table.

I also liked the way 3e/4e allowed casters to attack reflex or fortitude rather than having the DM make a Con or Dex save. I also let the player make the save for the monsters when casting something upon them. It's not great having them try to roll low, but I also do not want to make up a new system.

Mistwell

For the specific task of one player giving a die to another player because of an ability or spell, I like to physically hand one over of a special color and size. Like a big pink d6, or a rubber d6, for example. This serves as a good reminder to that player, who often enjoys the fun of rolling a different die, and then they can hand the die back after it's rolled. When I played a bard, I did that a lot.

I even have gone so far as to let the players roll damage that monsters do upon their characters. Some other members here suggested that this is a bit cruel making the players damage their characters but I mostly use it to speed up play and the players do not have a problem with it at my table.

I also liked the way 3e/4e allowed casters to attack reflex or fortitude rather than having the DM make a Con or Dex save. I also let the player make the save for the monsters when casting something upon them. It's not great having them try to roll low, but I also do not want to make up a new system.

Mah i do that all the time. Helps with the guilt of killing pcs ;)

Not my fault! I didn't roll max damage! :D

Remove ads