• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What are some good Pathfinder podcasts?

DMBrendon

First Post
It's been a long time since I played 3.5 and I'm starting my first Pathfinder campaign. I'm a little out of my depth trying to figure out what the tone of Pathfinder is, and what the gems and dregs of it are. Is there a good podcast or two that I can listen to, to get a bit of a jumpstart to fill in the gaps?

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
One of my personal favorite podcasts (that I didn't see on the list, but I skimmed it quickly) is the 3.5 Private Sanctuary podcast (35privatesanctuary.com). The reason I like it is that when they discuss a topic, whether it's fluff or crunch, they discuss it for both 3.5 and Pathfinder, so that might help you bridge the gap between the two editions.

They also have the Gamer's Guide to Pathfinder podcast on the same site, which is also good, but I prefer the 3.5 PS podcast.

KiloGex

First Post
http://www.pathfinder-podcast.com is a great Pathfinder specific podcast; the only problem is that they've been silent for a while, and I fear that they might be gone for good. However, there are quite a few episodes of backlog and there discussion of specific adventure books and their class builds they come up with are pretty amazing. Plus, they have interviews with writers and designers from Paizo that give you a ton of insight into the adventure modules, such as things that got cut or things that were changed that actually tie some adventures together much better.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
http://www.pathfinder-podcast.com is a great Pathfinder specific podcast; the only problem is that they've been silent for a while, and I fear that they might be gone for good. However, there are quite a few episodes of backlog and there discussion of specific adventure books and their class builds they come up with are pretty amazing. Plus, they have interviews with writers and designers from Paizo that give you a ton of insight into the adventure modules, such as things that got cut or things that were changed that actually tie some adventures together much better.

Yeah I listen to Chronicles Pathfinder Podcast and it's my preferred goto RPG podcast. I've been trying to get into 3.5 Private Sanctuary but I find the hosts to be a bit grating for my tastes. It's not a bad podcast but I really prefer Azymyth and Steel Wind's Podcast.

Steel_Wind

Legend
We're not gone for good - or gone at all. Our podcasts are very long and our available time to do them is limited. It takes a long while to create these podcasts and post-production editing on them is extremely time consuming.

We had hoped to release Ep 18 last Monday, but Azmyth's weekend got wrecked at the last minute. We are back at editing and recording today.

R.C Jr

First Post
One of my personal favorite podcasts (that I didn't see on the list, but I skimmed it quickly) is the 3.5 Private Sanctuary podcast (35privatesanctuary.com).

I just e-mailed Morrus to get 3.5 Private Sanctuary and Know Direction on the podcast metafeed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I've been trying to get into 3.5 Private Sanctuary but I find the hosts to be a bit grating for my tastes.

Then I recommend giving up on us. Listening to a podcast is basically inviting people to have a conversation in your head that you can't participate in. If we don't belong in your head, you're not doing anyone any favours subscribing.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I just e-mailed Morrus to get 3.5 Private Sanctuary and Know Direction on the podcast metafeed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Then I recommend giving up on us. Listening to a podcast is basically inviting people to have a conversation in your head that you can't participate in. If we don't belong in your head, you're not doing anyone any favours subscribing.

I'm not trying to do anyone any favors. As with anything I do I try to give it a fair shot before I decide to continue or write something off. There are parts of the podcast that work for me (the interviews mostly) and parts that really don't (the banter).

But hey in the end you're right I'll take your recommendation and unsubscribe.

darjr

I crit!
know direction and tfps are fantastic. the only problem I have is the hosts have a life and can't do a cast for every day.

acorania

First Post
I went ahead and shot off a message to Morrus as well for the Gamers' Guide to be added to the metafeed.

Steel Wind,

As someone who has had issues getting episodes out lately due to real life scheduling, I can fully empathize. Throw in there just how much higher your production value is than my podcast and I can only imagine how much work goes into it.

For what it is worth, I am just happy to hear you guys are still in it. Whenever you can get it out is great. Thanks for all you guys do and the free entertainment! (You too Ryan, Matt & Perram!)

Sean Mahoney

Remove ads