D&D General What are the "dead settings" of D&D?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wonder what percentage are in homebrew settings

WotC has always said the percentage of players who totally homwbrew is very high: one of the big reasons they support the FR so heavily (other than being the most popular not-homebrew option) is that the Homebrewers who buy books like FR material for plug and play purposes.

Hoffmand

Explorer
WotC has always said the percentage of players who totally homwbrew is very high: one of the big reasons they support the FR so heavily (other than being the most popular not-homebrew option) is that the Homebrewers who buy books like FR material for plug and play purposes.
That seems odd. One would think they would like micro setting material. Go figure. Learn something new everyday.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
That seems odd. One would think they would like micro setting material. Go figure. Learn something new everyday.
You'd think, right - until realizing that most micro-settings are specialized in one way or another, be it by climate or culture or whatever, and therefore of less-broad appeal overall.

Generic FR material, however, is just that - generic; and can thus be plugged into a far greater number of homebrews.

Hoffmand

Explorer
The different parts of the Forgotten Realms (Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, Chult, the Desserin Valley, etc.) are just such micro settings. Very generic micro settings already meant to fit in a standard D&D world, with lots of nice details to mine.
I realize I have done that now with chult and Ubtao. It fit a niche that I could adapt into my setting. Although one would not recognize them as chult or Ubtao.

My suggestion is a new transitional setting based in the chronomancers and the time spheres, (and now the music of Doctor Who sounds in your minds).

Now the relation between Disney and Hasbro is very good. I wonder about if Warner produced Lord of the Rings, why not to allow Disney to produce its own version of Dragonlance? (Ok, Silvara and Goldmoon can't be sing like in a musical, we take note about it). This could be one of the best promotion of the brand.

Hoffmand

Explorer
My suggestion is a new transitional setting based in the chronomancers and the time spheres, (and now the music of Doctor Who sounds in your minds).

Now the relation between Disney and Hasbro is very good. I wonder about if Warner produced Lord of the Rings, why not to allow Disney to produce its own version of Dragonlance? (Ok, Silvara and Goldmoon can't be sing like in a musical, we take note about it). This could be one of the best promotion of the brand.

i generally merge planescape and chronomancers handbook. With updated high tech on mechanus. And some high tech generally all over the outlander and limbo. Limbo generates possibility and mechanus actualizes them. And the outlands is in the middle.
One thing I do is this. Gods don’t tell wizards what they can and can not do with magic. They can’t limit a wizard. Wizards are learning to do what they want when they want, if the gods don’t like it than screw them. They aren’t asking permission. And gods aren’t omnicient at all

tommybahama

Adventurer
As for "trivial to find people talking about their Ravnica games", I've been searching for actual play threads/podcasts featuring people playing Ravnica now, but I wasn't initially able to find any at all. I found a number of ended campaigns from 2019, and a cool-sounding podcast, but that was also over.

I did a search for D&D and Ravnica on YouTube and found at least five different streams posted in the last month. Here are a few, plus a parody song:

L'Ombra di Bolas, episodio 2 - Il tradimento [D&D ITA]

Ravnica - Dogs in the Guild Pact - S01E02

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Remove ads