• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What are the good multiclass options for a ranger?

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Wait, he has no mental stats?
That's an odd character indeed.
It's an automaton. Originally the idea was that the stats would be split between the robot and the boy. Then the beastmaster came along and it just stuck, since machines don't really have force of personality, or willpower. :p
Come to think of it, you need some Wisdom for quite a few Ranger powers.
I've reworked the powers that require wisdom to either use dexterity instead, or have a flat bonus meant to simulate what a wisdom score at that level would likely be.

Though with the mention that constructs/undead now have regular mental stats, I may consider just reworking him from scratch to included those stats and being done with it. Simpler that way. ;)

Pickles JG

First Post
It's an automaton. Originally the idea was that the stats would be split between the robot and the boy. Then the beastmaster came along and it just stuck, since machines don't really have force of personality, or willpower.

Steamjacks do, well to some extent. & Warforged really do do - seems like thebest race fit to me, if its allowed.

:pI've reworked the powers that require wisdom to either use dexterity instead, or have a flat bonus meant to simulate what a wisdom score at that level would likely be.

Though with the mention that constructs/undead now have regular mental stats, I may consider just reworking him from scratch to included those stats and being done with it. Simpler that way. ;)

I think simplicity is best. Great idea this - one I will very likely steal if I ever play a 4e iron kingdoms game.

I would Multiclass based on what model I wanted to use - Berserker fits with Barbarian & Avenger with a Dervish. I guess Fighter for the Hammersmith. I cannot think of any other dual wielders, I think if I did id I might be a Juggernaut with a 2 handed axe.

Remove ads