What are the two best Star Wars books on the structure and composition of the Empire

Since my players shot down The Expanse RPG as a campaign setting, I have embarked on creating a Star Wars variant background which will neutralize my player's superior knowledge of the franchise (I've only seen the original three movies, and I'm not sure I saw the entirety of the third).

We'll be using the 5e conversion.

I've found the SW star map.

So, ignoring rules systems, I am looking for the best book on the structure of the Empire, and a gazetteer of planetary systems. The trouble is that there are so many SW products.

Suggestions?

mrswing

Explorer
The Star Wars D6 game's Imperial Source Book is excellent for this, though of course it was pre-prequels and sequels so some stuff might no longer fit in the current continuity. But as an inside look into an intergalactic fascist military machine, it's hard to beat.

The Star Wars D6 game's Imperial Source Book is excellent for this, though of course it was pre-prequels and sequels so some stuff might no longer fit in the current continuity. But as an inside look into an intergalactic fascist military machine, it's hard to beat.

Thanks. In my campaign the 'history' changes at Darth Bane, so the specifics of the movies are moot.

aramis erak

Legend
I'd agree about the WEG Star Wars Imperial Sourcebook.
After that, there's a non-gaming book, Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Warfare.

What there is in Age of Rebellion is excellent, but not as in depth.

Remove ads