What are the weakened stats of the Torch of Burning Sky

radich

Villager
In the 3.5 AP, it says in Adv. 7, that once the players optain the Torch and infuse it with the partial soul to reactivate it - they then have the use of a weakened version of the Torch. The stats of which are supposedly in Appendix A. But I can only seem to locate the full stats.

I am thinking that the weakened Torch maybe retains all the constant and at will features - but does not yet have use of the 3/day features? Any comments?

Thank you in advance

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm looking at a copy of the non-compiled adventure. In Appendix 3 there's a stat block for the torch with lesser powers, greater powers, and notes on destroying it. That's the weakened torch.

The fully-powered torch is able to teleport armies, but requires the torch to be brought to the Mother of Dreams, which is in Adventure #10.

radich

Villager
Thank you for your reply Morrus. But the version 3.5 that I have, there is only a version containing all powers available - and no differentiation between lesser and greater powers.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, it's basically all the powers except bring able to teleport an army, however they're formatted in that version.
[MENTION=63]RangerWickett[/MENTION] should be able to confirm one way or the other

Thank you for your reply Morrus. But the version 3.5 that I have, there is only a version containing all powers available - and no differentiation between lesser and greater powers.

Do you have the 'full campaign in one book' version? It might be that when it was getting laid out, our layout guy didn't realize there were supposed to be two versions.

But yes, basically what Russ said. Until the Torch is fully repaired (which usually happens in adventure 10, unless you swap the order of the last 3 adventures), it has all the powers except to teleport armies. In effect, we wanted PCs to get to play with an artifact that is massively overpowered, but we didn't want them negating every encounter by having an army behind them, at least not until the final two adventures.

radich

Villager
Thank you both for your replies. Yes, I have the complete version, and I can sense that my initial idea for where to seperate the lesser and greater powers - do not differ highly from yours. So thank you.

Where are you in the campaign? Only a handful of people have posted on the forums about finishing the entire run, so I'm excited to hear if you're getting close.

radich

Villager
We have just last week wrapped up Adv 6 - Castle Korstull, but are intent on seeing this campaign through to the end. So far we have spent just over 2½ years of real life time and played through 75 sessions (of varying length, between 2-5hrs).
But we are running two different campaigns along side each other, so we usually switch every other month.

Remove ads