What are you reading in 2022?

Ulfgeir

Hero
To finish off this year's thread, wondering what tool folks use to track their books? I have used Goodreads for quite a while, have 2400 books tracking on there.

That said, I've been considering moving off the Amazon platform, and switching to something like The StoryGraph.

What do people use to track their books, if anything?
I write down the author, and title in a notebok. A habit that my mom started when I was a kid and had learned to read at age 5-6, and I have kept doing it since... And then summarize how many books read that year.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I write down the author, and title in a notebok. A habit that my mom started when I was a kid and had learned to read at age 5-6, and I have kept doing it since... And then summarize how many books read that year.
WOW! What a record

What insights have you gleaned about past-Ulfgeir when reviewing your list?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
given the number of times I've re-read or started re-reading a book, perhaps I should do this. Same with the occasional movie....

I started using Goodreads, but found I didn't look at it. It's like tracking beer or wine I like, I just wing it.
I had the same exact issue. I really had to commit to using Goodreads.

I recently added a couple of new shelves into my goodreads that help me track my "Want to Read" books. The shelves are a) already own the book; b) can get the book at the library c) have to buy it (hopefully used or on sale) d) not yet released

Other categories I have are:
Hugo nominees and winners
Nebula nominees and winners
World Fantasy nominees and winners
Graphic Novels
RPGs (of course)
Mysteries
Non-Fiction (which someday i may further break down)

Goodreads doesn't give me a good way to figure out which books are NOT assigned a certain shelf; or which books have no shelf at all...

Anyway, Goodreads allowing me to sort my books I want to buy means it's really useful now

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I had the same exact issue. I really had to commit to using Goodreads.

I recently added a couple of new shelves into my goodreads that help me track my "Want to Read" books. The shelves are a) already own the book; b) can get the book at the library c) have to buy it (hopefully used or on sale) d) not yet released

Other categories I have are:
Hugo nominees and winners
Nebula nominees and winners
World Fantasy nominees and winners
Graphic Novels
RPGs (of course)
Mysteries
Non-Fiction (which someday i may further break down)

Goodreads doesn't give me a good way to figure out which books are NOT assigned a certain shelf; or which books have no shelf at all...

Anyway, Goodreads allowing me to sort my books I want to buy means it's really useful now
It would save me time from coming here and searching thru the list of "what books to read" threads over and over!

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I do have goodreads open on my laptop; as well as have the app on my phone - both so when I hear of a book that looks intriguing, I note it in GR

However, I have a Want to Read list 1300 books long

At roughly 300 pps per book, I've got 390,000 pages of books to read in my future. If I read 100 pages per day (ambitious!); I've got 10+ years of books I want to read. That doesn't count any books that may come in the future

So maybe knowing all this isn't that great lol

If it is When Gravity Fails, that's been sitting on my Kindle for a while. I'll have to get to it.

There is a moderately well-known sf/cyberpunk book, the title of which escapes me for the moment, which ended with the protagonist distinctly less well-off than before, and it was a really nice change. Books 2-3 got a lot more traditional and "fixed" things.

I'm blanking on the title. mid-late 90's; author died shortly after finishing the trilogy (cancer?); setting was the mideast, I think; something about a chip in the back of his head. I'm not home and cant check my shelves.

George Alec Effinger? When Gravity Fails?

For my to-buy list, I use a book-only Amazon wishlist, though for books that aren't new, I almost exclusively use eBay and used book stores, not Amazon (because frequently, which edition you're buying used on Amazon can be unclear). For books I have read, I use Goodreads.

To finish off this year's thread, wondering what tool folks use to track their books? I have used Goodreads for quite a while, have 2400 books tracking on there.

That said, I've been considering moving off the Amazon platform, and switching to something like The StoryGraph.

What do people use to track their books, if anything?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
If it is When Gravity Fails, that's been sitting on my Kindle for a while. I'll have to get to it.

For my to-buy list, I use a book-only Amazon wishlist, though for books that aren't new, I almost exclusively use eBay and used book stores, not Amazon (because frequently, which edition you're buying used on Amazon can be unclear). For books I have read, I use Goodreads.
I hadn't thought to use ebay for used books. I typically end up on ABE books; but eBay may be even better...

Remove ads