What are you reading this year 2020?

Mercurius

Legend
I just finished David Gemmell's Echoes of the Great Song. As with most Gemmell books, it is a brisk read. Lots of great characters and ideas.

I just started Steven Erikson's Rejoice, A Knife in the Heart and love it so far. I really like First Contact stories and this takes a fresh-ish twist.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Julia Baird's Victoria: The Queen.

Still reading Terry Pratchett's Making Money.

Finished Matt Walsh's Cowardly Christians.

Started rereading Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings.

Zardnaar

Legend
I just finished David Gemmell's Echoes of the Great Song. As with most Gemmell books, it is a brisk read. Lots of great characters and ideas.

I just started Steven Erikson's Rejoice, A Knife in the Heart and love it so far. I really like First Contact stories and this takes a fresh-ish twist.
Echoes has been a massive influence on my D&D games for over 20 years.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Just re-read Dune. So good. Onto The Lair of Bones, book four in the Runelords. I really like his magic system.....Oh, and Arcana of the Ancients, which is a great RPG book so far.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Julia Baird's Victoria: The Queen.

Still reading Terry Pratchett's Making Money.

Rereading Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings.

Started reading Pathfinder 2E Lost Omen's World Guide.

Richards

Legend
I'm now on Roadside Crosses, the second book in Jeffery Deaver's Kathryn Dance series. This one deals with what looks to be a serial killer who kills people along the highway - but, for whatever reason, places a roadside cross advertising the "automobile accident" ahead of time. It picks up almost immediately after the first book in the series, The Sleeping Doll, left off, so I'm kind of glad I'm reading them back to back, even though each is a standalone story.

Johnathan

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Just finished another Expanse book. You know, the more of them I read, the more I feel like they are a D&D party.

Like my headcanon is that they are played by a D&D group trying a SF game. No idea if these hold up for those watching the series, I haven't done that.
  • Holden's player normally likes playing paladins when they are doing D&D. He plays it straight, but doesn't always see when the curves are coming. Drinks Mountain Dew.
  • Amos' player is the murderhobo of the group. He's also got decent system mastery and and is good at subbing in intimidation for any other social skills.
  • Naomi's player likes utility wizards, and played a decker when they tried Shadowrun. She's not as into the battlemat part of the game, but loves puzzles. The backstories she writes are never less than five pages.
  • Alex's player is the quietest of them, though that doesn't mean he's quiet - just most likely to let the others step up and talk. He does voices for his characters. He likes making a character that's piles on the bonuses to be really good at something.

GreyLord

Legend
I am having a really tough time getting through the Wheel of Time at this point. On Book 10. For some reason which I can't figure, it's just gotten really long and boring to me. It is a SLOG getting through it. I'm pushing onwards to try to get through it though.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Just finished another Expanse book. You know, the more of them I read, the more I feel like they are a D&D party.

Like my headcanon is that they are played by a D&D group trying a SF game. No idea if these hold up for those watching the series, I haven't done that.
  • Holden's player normally likes playing paladins when they are doing D&D. He plays it straight, but doesn't always see when the curves are coming. Drinks Mountain Dew.
  • Amos' player is the murderhobo of the group. He's also got decent system mastery and and is good at subbing in intimidation for any other social skills.
  • Naomi's player likes utility wizards, and played a decker when they tried Shadowrun. She's not as into the battlemat part of the game, but loves puzzles. The backstories she writes are never less than five pages.
  • Alex's player is the quietest of them, though that doesn't mean he's quiet - just most likely to let the others step up and talk. He does voices for his characters. He likes making a character that's piles on the bonuses to be really good at something.

No surprise there, this random page on the internet says Ty Franck created the world for an RPG.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases