D&D 5E What are your favorite funded/ongoing 5e Kickstarters?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Hi all,

So this forum is oddly one of my favorites because it's got ads for some pretty awesome kickstarters for RPG games (I can see AGON as a banner right now). And this led me to thinking; what are some of the best Kickstarters you've seen or funded for D&D 5e?

I'll give out the first suggestions; Kisarta and Grim Hollow, a pair of horror setting for 5e. Both are funded, and I think would make great resources for a post-Curse of Strahd campaign.

Which have you seen that you think are excellent? Please don't suggest projects that failed to meet funding, but ongoing ones are cool!

GlassJaw

Hero
Dwarven Forge - My backing has waned as they have become more expensive but I went heavy in the first 3. Their stuff is amazing.

Reapers Bones - Bones 5 just finished recently. You have to like to paint but you get a TON of great miniatures.

Terrain Crate - Really nice terrain and scenery pieces from Mantic Games. The second KS was earlier this year.

Zombicide 2nd Edition - Not an RPG but great game and TONS of miniatures that are usable in a variety of games and settings. I didn't get in on the first Kickstarter so I was excited to see it come back.

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
In terms of the quality of the KS and delivering I can think of four stand-outs:

1. Dwarven Forge - Shipping is often a little bit late, but there's no touching their quality and the new features they come up with for terrain. A little goes a long way, but it is easy to get addicted.

2. Kobold Press - Tome of Beasts, Creature Codex, etc. they're one of the top 5E 3rd party publishers and unlike WotC sell pdfs. I use monsters from the above all the time to great success.

3. MCDM - Strongholds & Followers. A very solid and beautiful book. Kingdoms & Warfare just funded and hopefully will be just as good (and close to delivering on "time.")

4. Elder Wood - Dice hexes, towers, spellbooks... My favorite products by far. Well-made, and with a much better design sense than certain others... their product is classy and not just expensive.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases