• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What campy sources do you use as gaming inspiration?

wherwrthal

First Post
Floating stones from Journey to the Center of the Earth (Brendan Frasier 3-D Version)
Mine Cart Race from Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom (Poor thief had to run through that thing multiple times and lost healing surges for every failure on Endurance to keep from vomiting.)

Eli-kun

First Post
Professional Wrestling was an inspiration for one of my characters(an actress bard specializing in stage combat). Her armor is glamoured to look like a stereotypical chainmail bikini.

Other campy sources that inspired me for different characters are Pippi Longstocking, Beverly Hillbillies, Barbie and Streetfighter.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Professional Wrestling was an inspiration for one of my characters(an actress bard specializing in stage combat). Her armor is glamoured to look like a stereotypical chainmail bikini.

My last character was a ninja type. Whenever he used Soaring Raptor Strike (or "SRS" as my group abbreviates it) unarmed, I would describe it as Trouble in Paradise, Kofi Kingston's 540 kick. :)

Other campy sources that inspired me for different characters are Pippi Longstocking, Beverly Hillbillies, Barbie and Streetfighter.

Oh my god, how could I forget "Hadoken!"? It's more a question of which campaigns my groups DIDN'T use that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads