Gate Pass Gazette What content do y'all want from Gate Pass Gazette?

noodohs

Explorer
I think it's really a compliment to LU as a whole that the debate is about the capstone. It stands out because so many of the others are so good whereas in O5e they are often quite awful (IMO). It's the relative balance between classes that is what people (or at least myself) are concerned about. There was also no playtesting of the capstone, AFAIK, as the playtest only included the lab, so presumably there was a month at most of development put into that and it shows. Mind you, I also have concerns about the lack of archetypes that interest me, but that can be fixed over time. The only other major concern I have is how the schematic book is handled. As I have said, the core concept is a good one, but a few tweaks like giving them schematics for free at certain levels would've gone a long way to making it much better. Hence why I think a little more testing and revising was warranted.

Long story short, the Gazettes should not be monthly IMO. If playtesting is done, I'd expect revisions throughout and possibly several rounds. Or, if the Gazettes are meant to be kinda like Unearthed Arcana and later books will collect the various things from them and fix them based on feedback, then I'm not sure I like having to pay for them in the first place. LU is not WotC and needs the money, I get that, it just feels kinda bad if we're paying for test content.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I'm remembering Dragon magazine, and wondering about: some combination of letters/reader idea/sage advice column, a comic, fantasy book reviews, and short stories. Do those have any place in a monthly in this internet world?

Last edited:

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I'm remembering Dragon magazine, and wondering about: some combination of letters/reader idea/sage advice column, a comic, fantasy book reviews, and short stories. Do those have any place in a monthly in this internet world?
I'd like to think so. I have very fond memories of reading Dragon, and eagerly awaiting each issue.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Has it been said if we'll be getting the missing essence dragons somewhere? (The ones mentioned in the adventurer's guide by dragon born, but not in the monster book - celestial, chaos, sea, spirit, and underworld). And did I miss the Crystal Dragon in the monster book?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Reading a currently ongoing thread, variant classes like:
  • Gish
  • Psion
  • Scholar
  • Summoner
  • Shaman
to steal one other poster's list.

VanguardHero

Adventurer
I'm not gonna complain at all if I get Soulknife in a SciFi book :D curious to see how they do it though, o5e's Psionic implementation was the barest bones possible and an insult to the very idea of a Dark Sun campaign, looking forward to seeing a good version~

Remove ads