• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you call your company of adventurers?

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
In our new 4th ed game we are Honor's Hand (there are 5 of us and we are a 'band of the hand' of honor. hehehe part of this came from me having just re-walked the cheesy 80's movie The Band of the Hand)

MarkB

Legend
In our new 4th ed game we are Honor's Hand (there are 5 of us and we are a 'band of the hand' of honor. hehehe part of this came from me having just re-walked the cheesy 80's movie The Band of the Hand)

Have you identified which digits each of you are? I'd love to play a character who was officially designated as Honour's Middle Finger. :D

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Our first group to name itself was the White Raven Company of our first 4e campaign (all of us worshiped the Raven Queen).

The group in my game named themselves the Exiles (they are the Exiles of the Third Gate to the dwarves).

Next game my character is going to try to get the band named after him. :)

bmadden

First Post
It's been a shtick my campaigns from all the way back in 1st edition that when the party reached a certain level of notoriety, the local officials would demand that the party become chartered with the local herald.
Some parties never reached that level and never had a name.

Back in 1st edition the party was the "Pandemonium Warriors", named after a low-level foray into that plane. They eventually carved out a small barony in that plane and retired.

Our 2nd edition campaigns featured the "Crimson Storm Brigade" who all died in the Labyrinth of Madness, followed by the "Swordseekers" who ended up lost in the desert outside of Huzuz searching for the Scimitar of some Big Djinni Lord.

The 3rd edition campaign ended with the "Blackthorn" as embroiled in a war between Shadowfell Frost Giants and the recently awakened Spawn of the recently murdered God of Death.

The party in our 4th edition campaign recently registered with the Herald in Sasserine as the "Decapi". Obviously, 10 arms for 5 characters. Not so original.

Humanaut

First Post
Only twice. One time we were called The Boot Party. Another time, under a particularly killer DM, we called ourselves Meat for One Meal...

vic20

Fool
The Handlers, The Ghoulies (much to the chagrin of at LEAST one of the players), and Thunder Company have been groups that I've DM'd or played in.

fba827

Adventurer
i can't recall a name for any adventuring groups in campaigns over the years.

Though I'm sure some could easily have been:
"target"
"errand boys"
"slayers of X" (insert whatever most recent deed they accomplished)

Quantarum

First Post
In my homebrew, which stretches back to 2ed, the players always end up in a city called Stormgate and inherit the title The Keepers of Stormgate, which is what the citizen call their greatest heroes. Excepting my last 3.5 campaign ever, where they insisted on calling themselves 'The Turks'. :p

-Q.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Not big on the naming of groups.

Long ago in a Shadowrun game the gang was called the Zeroes. (for the fighter plane)

and just a couple of weeks ago, playing Age of Worms we hit the arena adventure and needed a name. 7 of us (if you count the Ranger's dog) so of course we're the Magnificent Seven. We even have a theme song.

But Rainbow Sparkle Ponies is AWESOME!

The Little Raven

First Post
I think for many of my players, games like Final Fantasy and cartoons like He-Man were their initial foray into fantasy.

That's funny, because I was inspired by things like the Light Warriors (FF1), the Returners (FF6), AVALANCHE (FF7), and the Masters of the Universe from childhood to name my groups.

Our upcoming party is named Beggar's Company.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads