What do you like most in a story hour?

What do you like most in a story hour?

• Interesting characters/characterizations?

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Description of the game world.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Good writing/Narrative style.

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • See how a module/adventure played out.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Combat/fight scenes.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Other (Describe in post)

Votes: 5 6.8%

Scarab

First Post
I was going to vote for the combat option because I love Wulf Ratbane's style, but then I realized it was actually Wulf himself I liked (no, not like that, you perverts!). He sure has a good writing style combined with attitude...

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
CRGreathouse said:
It's all about characters, both PCs and NPCs. Good writing is neccisary but insufficient.

So it's like for a good gaming adventure, the memorable PCs are NPCs are most important than convoluted plots...

Well, I think I agree.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Not grit. :)

I like heroic stories featuring heroes. If someone starts the story hour out: "these PCs aren't good", I back out and look again.

Other than that, KidCharlemagne's list works for me. I enjoy myself more when my internal English teacher doesn't have to correct grammar as I read.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Dinkeldog said:
Not grit. :)

I like heroic stories featuring heroes. If someone starts the story hour out: "these PCs aren't good", I back out and look again.

Or you convince yourself that they bad guys are really good...

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
It's a good thing that I can.

Real life is full of grit. I don't play games in my off time to provide even more to it. I play games that have heroes that can solve the problems that can't be solved in real life.

I read stories about games that I would like to play in.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
I'm with Dinkeldog. I don't like grit, I'm not a big fan of antiheroes. I like your classic epic adventure; grand heroic fantasy, sweeping vistas, poetic justice, good vs. evil, etc.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Why can't you have both?

In my game the PCs are in a gritty world, with harsh realities, pain and anaguish and constantly dealing with the trouble of trying to do the good thing.

But they are still clearly good and clearly heroic - it is just that being heroic isn't all its cracked up to be sometimes - I guess I come from the Spider-man school of heroism.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Exactly, Nemm...

I had something I wanted to say but you said it better.

So dinkeldog, I know you're reading our story hour, which means that one of us is kidding himself...

Remove ads