Pathfinder 2E What do you steal from PF2 for your PF1 games?

JeffB

Legend
So for those who maybe don't want to switch to PF2 or didn't like it, etc. What things from PF2 do you consider improvements that you would swipe for your PF1 games?

Kaodi

Hero
I am not planning on running PF1, well, ever but soon after the playtest rules for PF2 came out I came to the conclusion that PF1 should absolutely have the extra floating +2 boost for every race.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Have you tried the official forums or the Pathfinder subreddit? This forum is (unfortunately) not a very active place for Pathfinder discussions.

We switched to PF2, but when I ran PF1, I used the Unchained action economy. I thought it was a big inprovement over the original one, but it required some tweaking to make work. It probably couldn’t hurt to look at PF2’s implementation for ideas if one wanted to use the Unchained action economy now.

dave2008

Legend
Sure thing- I'm just curious what people who won't switch to PF2 (for whatever reason) find worth stealing/are improvements.
OK, I am looking at bringing over the exploration rules / guidelines to my 5e game. I like those a lot. I even want to expand them into a set of social interaction guidelines too.

dave2008

Legend
I'm interested in the 3 action economy, but I don't really like how it is implemented in PF2e. However, I do like the general removal of OA, that was a brilliant move IMO. I think I will implement it in my games and just make it a fighter feature to have OA. Might make it a feat for other classes that want it.

Philip Benz

A Dragontooth Grognard
Hmmmm good idea. I like the idea of other skills being used for initiative

It's especially noteworthy because it takes initiative away from DEX. In PF1 DEX became the master stat for many combat characters, since there were so many ways to get stuff based on DEX, in addition to all the things that were based on it right out of the gate.

I still don't see the point in porting PF2 subsystems back to PF1 (or DD5, for that matter). At that stage in the process, you're no longer playing any of the above games, but a homebrew mish-mash of game systems. It might well be a good mish-mash, but it's harder for new players to get a handle on it if it isn't all written down in one place.

Remove ads