• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What do you think so far?

What do think about 4E so far?

• Looks good so far

Votes: 208 55.6%
  • Need more input!

Votes: 107 28.6%
  • Looks like it will be awful

Votes: 48 12.8%
  • Irrelevant, OD&D is the One True Game

Votes: 11 2.9%

Sadrik

First Post
Compared to the unplayable mess that 3rd edition is, it looks pretty good.
In particular I like the online stuff.
Networking with my friends that have kids or transportation issues or live in another city can all come to the gaming table.
Rules simplification is great but will they go far enough?

bottom line:
I welcome the change.
I don't welcome opening up my pocketbook.

an_idol_mind

Explorer
I need more crunch in the previews before I decide. Some of the stuff sounds cool, other stuff not so much. But most of what we've heard so far is about playing style, which doesn't tell me much. My games have deviated significantly from the assumed playing style of D&D for years now.

RSKennan

Explorer
Where's the option for "HOLY CRAP, THIS GAME SOUNDS LIKE EVERYTHING I ALWAYS WISHED D&D WAS...I LOVE IT WITH MY WHOLE BODY (even my ***-***)"? /ravingfanboy

I marked, "Looks good so far".

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
I want to say it looks great, but then more and more complicated options keep appearing.

I thought they were streamlining it, but now I'm not so sure.

BlackMoria

First Post
Cautious optimism.

I disagree that we 'know' a fair amount. We have glimpses of things and some of those things are being embraced as fact when it is still supposition.

More information will come in the days and weeks and months ahead to give a clearer picture but right now, it is like looking at puzzle pieces and thinking you know what the picture is, especially when the puzzle is missing the box cover with the picture on it.

frankthedm

First Post
Lots of stuff looks awesome, but there are a few things I don't care for. But as long as 4E curb-stomps CoDzilla's teeth out, most will be forgiven,

Definitely gotta go with "Looks good so far." I've seen a few points I'm not fond of, but they're vastly outweighed by the stuff that I think sounds great.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads