What does a 17th lvl Cleric want?

clockworkjoe

First Post
Other quests:

*Find out what happened to Priest X, who disappeared in 'odd' circumstances

*Destroy a rival sect of the priest's religion, not neccessarily evil but competing with the priest's religion for followers/power

*Track down and capture/kill Priest X who is an infamous heretic

*Map out the catacombs under the church, which haven't been explored in over 400 years

*Find out the truth behind rumors that a saint's relics have surfaced. These relics are extremely powerful and valuable to the church, but fake relics appear every once in a while

*Convince a noble to finish paying for the completion of a new temple that he agreed to but backed out of

*Travel and help with a minor cleric to establish a new mission far away

*A town has been devastated by plague/famine/war/whatever. Go there and bring it back to prosperity.

*A powerful follower of the church has been cursed for some reason. The priest doesn't know why though. The players are charged with removing the curse. (the curse can't be removed with a mere spell)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
It does leave the player whose character has been killed kind of out in the cold doesn't it?How many sessions will he have to miss before returning?

Alternatively, they could find an evil cleric to cast Create Greate Undead on him so he can participate in the adventure, and once they've finished their quest, they can go back to the good cleric, destroy the undead, and have him TR'd... :)

-Hyp.

XCorvis

First Post
Re: Re: What does a 17th lvl Cleric want?

Originally posted by Hypersmurf
"So if each of you can bring along a hundred new worshippers to my next service..."
-Hyp.
That is a great suggestion. Make those hack and slash PCs WORK for it. Killing stuff is simple, weird tasks are difficult. Like:

Collect 100 human or elven severed hands. (This is mean to give to a good party - at best they might start grave robbing or cloneing.)
Capture a live rust monster.
Entertain my sister for an evening.
Collect a lock of hair from 10 virgin spinsters.
Paint my fence. (But give them stale Blintzes.)

And so on...

Last edited:

Gumby

First Post
Thanks!

All these tips are great, but I especially like Hypersmurfs... putting the PCs on a grand worshipper scavenger hunt could be quite fun. I didn't think about Planar Ally - since the NPC cleric is 11th level now, he could summon a Planetar and ask him to do it (under the same sort of conditions the 17th cleric would require, of course).

Thanks again for the ideas, and if anyone has any more, don't let this post stop you... :D

Fade

First Post
Bringing 100 people to the next service is easy - they shouldn't cost more than a few gp each.

Now converting 100 people and have them attend service for the rest of their lives may be more difficult.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Bringing 100 people to the next service is easy.

Well... that depends on how possessive and vengeful the clerics of all the religions those hundred people already belong to are... :)

"Well, I'd like to help you out... and I could use the cash... but Father Bob caught Jeremy attending a service at the Temple of Pelor last week, and hit him with a Flame Strike for apostacy..."

-Hyp.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Then you Flamestrike Father Bob back a few times, and then people are looking for a new diety.

You could ask them to retrieve some powerful holy artifact/relic. It could already be in some RttToEE associated already, because the group bearing it got TPK'd.

Of course, the various task ideas are good. However, if they can impress the cleric with the seriousness of their quest, then I can't see him wanting to pull them away from that for too long. "Yes, I know you're working to prevent Evil cultists from releasing a god that mine helped to imprison and they might be close to success, but I want you to take break and deal with this less important matter instead."

Remove ads