What Donains for a Navigator-Priest

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I have a Maritime culture imc in which the Navigators are all priests of both the Sea god and Forest god (from which the logs for ships comes)

The Navigator-Priest uses stellar navigation techniques (navigation by the stars)

So any ideas on good Domains?

(I want something that links the concepts of sea wind ships stars and navigation)

Any suggestions?

frankthedm

First Post
The Water and Travelers domains are a must. Air[favorable winds], or knowledge[stars, constelations and maps] an will fit well if the deity only has one alignment domain. if the deity is true nuetral the luck domain may be a good choice as well.

The plant domain, ehh, I don't know if it really fits.

Kroax

Explorer
I agree with frankthedm, water and travel.

But if you can gain access on the FRCS there's also a domain called Ocean. I think that fits the topic.

Nik_the_Pig

First Post
I concur

Frankthedm is right on all stops. Well almost.

Sailors see themselves as sailors NOT necessarily as travelers. I still think it's a good choice but not a must.

Same goes for the Water domain. I know, I know, ships operated in the domain of water but Live at the whim of the winds. Be-calmed and you be F**... as the saying goes. I'd go with Air.

And when it comes to fantasy world (even here in RL) no-one, not even Gypsies are more superstitious than seafaring folk. Luck just seems to fit so well with the ethos of the sailor. Even more so than good knowledge and ability, sailors trust in those with good luck (although the Knowledge would come in darn handy).

And as Frank said re: plants, I know it's your would but... Ehh?? Rethink that last drink.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases