What Dragon Magazine articles do you use in your game?

A2Z

Explorer
What Dragon Magazine articles do you use in your game? At the moment the only articles I'm using on a regular basis are the Dark Sun player's guide from #319 (I'm running a Dark Sun game) and the Leveled Treasure article from #289.

As a player I've also used some of the Class Acts articles for my Ranger but I don't have specific issue nos at the moment.

So what has everyone else used in their games?

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
I used to have a three ringed binder full of photocopied articles out of The Dragon that I used in my game . . . all of it was for AD&D, though.

diaglo

Adventurer
i use a couple articles from The Strategic Review.

mainly the ones involving other classes like the ranger and illusionist.

edit: but not the bard. never the bard.

Currently not much. I'll pull out monsters on a somewhat regularly basis, when I remember to, anyway. That's about it.

A lot of the material that I do like in Dragon is actually the kind that you just internalize rather than point to a moment in your game and say, "see, I just used that Dragon material right there," anyway.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Monsters. A few spells. Usually they are just used for one encounter, so I couldn't say which issue.

Oh, we do use the Elven Thinblade and Great Scimitar from 275 (I don't have any of the more recent sources).

Rav

In my campaign, I am using the alternate paladins articles from #310-311, and the sorcerous bloodline articles (there were two, I can't recall the issue numbers).

Wombat

First Post
None.

I used a couple early on in 3e, but after the first 6 months, none.

It's why I dropped my subscription.

Emirikol

Adventurer
We use the Eberron stuff.

We have a rule now though: players can use anything they want from any 3.5 E Dragon. There's not as much broken stuff anymore and we basically clunk any dork player that's just cheezin up his character.

jh

Remove ads