• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Dragon or Dungeon magazines contain Planar info?

Oryan77

Adventurer
I've heard there's a few magazines that contain Planescape related information in them. I'd like to grab whatever I can find to use in my campaign. Which issues (including any Annuals) have Planescape material?

Shemeska

Adventurer
Oryan77 said:
I've heard there's a few magazines that contain Planescape related information in them. I'd like to grab whatever I can find to use in my campaign. Which issues (including any Annuals) have Planescape material?

More recent issues of Dragon I'll have to check, because I don't have a list (I didn't subscribe to Dragon for a time in college). Don't assume this is comprehensive for older stuff.

March/April/May 1994 - 'The Plane Truth' by David 'Zeb' Cook
Jan 1995 - 'Godsmen, Bleakers, Guvners, Takers' - by Rich Baker
Jan 1995 - 'The Demiplane of Shadow' - by Ed Bonny
Jan 1995 - 'Planar Personalities' - by Bill Slavicsek & Michelle Carter
Jan 1995 - 'You never know who (or what) you'll meet'
April 1995 - 'April Fools Factions'
Nov 1995 - 'The Lords of the 9' - by Colin McComb
Sep 1996 - 'Fiendish Fortresses' - by Monte Cook
Nov 1996 - 'Planar Heroes' - by Ed Bonny
Oct 1997 - 'Mysteries of the Dead Gods' - by Monte Cook
Nov 1997 - 'Modron Magic'
Jan 1998 - 'Destriers of the Planes'

Dragon Annual #2 - 'Pox of the Planes' by Ed Bonny

Dragon #221 - article on the Slaad Lords

LondonReign

First Post
Dungeon issues 55 and 60 have Planescape specific adventures. Issues 31, 100, 107, and 108 (and possibly others) have planehopping in some of their adventures.

LondonReign

First Post
As far as Dragon, I know 287's (Sept 2001) theme is the planes, 315 (Jan 2004) has a "campaign classic" featuring some of the factions, and 321 (July 2004) has several planar articles.

Remove ads