What hooked you?

Sacrosanct

Legend
Baking Shows, like the GBB: I love cooking and baking, and the format of these shows really draw me in. I love to see how others approach tasks

The most recent show that hooked me was La Révolution on Netflix. French (best watched with subtitles rather than dubbing). I often enjoy stories that use real life people in different and unusual ways. Sort of like easter eggs. I enjoyed the writing, story, atmosphere, and acting as well.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I agree they were better, you don't see them as much in re-runs. Wish I could remember what channel it was on that has them all cause I caught a few not long ago. Doesn't help that its on 20 different channels and you can catch an episode any hour of the day somewhere. I prefer the Logan & Briscoe era myself, the episode where Logan shoves the donut down the perps mouth in the squad room is great.

One thing that gets me about any of them is that in the later years c. 2000 and forward they still have the old telephone ring sound effect, Id imagine they've long since got new phones.

I've always wondered what the ALL-TIME, ALL-STAR Law & Order cast would be? Here is my quick list-

Detectives: Logan & Briscoe, of course. There can be no others. Honorable mention: Ed Green (Jesse Martin).

Supervisor: Ooh .... I'm going with Don Cragen. Van Buren is iconic, and she made it her role, but ... Cragen.

ADA (executive): STONE. That's right, McCoy. Ben Stone.

ADA: Paul Robinette. But Jill Hennessy is 1a. And I can be convinced to switch them.

DA: Adam Schiff.

Recurring Character: Skoda.

R_J_K75

Legend
I've always wondered what the ALL-TIME, ALL-STAR Law & Order cast would be? Here is my quick list-

Detectives: Logan & Briscoe, of course. There can be no others. Honorable mention: Ed Green (Jesse Martin).

Supervisor: Ooh .... I'm going with Don Cragen. Van Buren is iconic, and she made it her role, but ... Cragen.

ADA (executive): STONE. That's right, McCoy. Ben Stone.

ADA: Paul Robinette. But Jill Hennessy is 1a. And I can be convinced to switch them.

DA: Adam Schiff.

Recurring Character: Skoda.
Been so many cast members, but thats a pretty solid list only ones Id change is McCoy for Stone, not because he was better but because Sam Waterston always looked like he was about to stroke out while confronting...well anybody that he was pissed at. Made it more fun to watch. My pick is ADA Serena Southerlyn (Elisabeth Röhm).

R_J_K75

Legend
That is surprising!

Her exit was ... not very well set up. (Is that a good way of putting it?)

ps- the laugh was for the EXCELLENT Waterston characterization. :)
Yeah I never took him too seriously, it was the first thing I thought of when you said Ben Stone was no one holds a candle to Waterstons over the top acting. I agree on the ADA, that was not foreshadowed at all, or if it was so subtle I never saw it coming. In all honesty after Stone/Robinette, all the ADAs were somewhat interchangeable. Kind of like ELO, Boston, and the Styx, you could interchange any members of any of those bands and still have the same band.

R_J_K75

Legend
Law & Order SVU has officially jumped the shark. New seasons been junk, tonights episode especially. Gut tells me this might be the last season.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
The Mandelorian hooked me on the basis of STAR WARS without Jedi! Exploring the filthy dark worlds that were the backdrop of so many stories. By the time the funny swords started showing up I was already hooked.

Cowboy Bebop - the opening theme song (and basically any other music they put in.

Breaking Bad - the hook was the cinematography, but then it was how darkly funny the show was.

Babylon 5 - having an overarching plot arc in a sci-fi show on TV.

Memento - Just a great puzzle of a movie.

Stephen King - the world-building and dialogue (specifically in the dark tower), had just the right kind of weird when I first started reading his stuff.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases