What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

What is the best chain fast food restaurant?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Culver's is my personal favorite. But I've also always liked Steak Escape when I'm near a food court. Their fries are excellent.

Argyle King

Legend
I tried In-and-Out while I was in LA for work.

For me, it's among the worst experiences I've ever had. Barely any meat; weird texture; bland taste.

Taco Bell has greatly improved over the past 5-10 years. I didn't vote for them, but I can understand why people might.

McDonald's Burgers literally make me physically ill. I'm not sure why, but something in their "meat" is rejected by my body.

Wendy's has surprisingly good chili.

Burger King tends to be pretty consistent, regardless of where I go. That's worth something.

Chick-fil-A has some of the best customer service, speed, and accuracy that I've experienced. The food is always good. My orders are accurate. The "fast" in fast food is something they seem to care about. Plus, I don't think I've ever encountered a Chick-fil-A employee who seems unhappy to be there. I don't agree with everything the company does, but they appear to treat their employees a lot better than other chains.

KFC is still pretty good. I don't like the new Mac & cheese though.

Church's is alright, but it's a bit overhyped.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Jollibee. Ain't one within a day trip radius of where I live... but damned if I don't find any excuse to vacation in places that have them.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
In and out not very good. Confirming.

I literally have no idea what y'all could even have experienced? The burgers are delicious?

The real strength of In-N-Out, however, is happy and well trained employees: I roll in with an order for 8 people who all want some weird as heck thing or another, they always take the order down right and without any awkwardness. Best and most consistent experience I ever had of any restraint, across dozens of locations and decades.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Chick-fil-A has some of the best customer service, speed, and accuracy that I've experienced. The food is always good. My orders are accurate. The "fast" in fast food is something they seem to care about. Plus, I don't think I've ever encountered a Chick-fil-A employee who seems unhappy to be there. I don't agree with everything the company does, but they appear to treat their employees a lot better than other chains.
Ironically, given your (very unusual) experience, all of the above goes for In-N-Out, too. They pay above market wage and offer health insurance from day one and, most importantly, fully staff their restaurants. There are always more than a dozen folks there, rather than two harried people at many McDonald's. Not surprisingly, that makes for happy staff who do a great job.

Remove ads