What is the current Star Wars game?

innerdude

Legend
Even if you don't like the system, the Edge / FFG game books are great for lore.

I happen to like the system and was playing it regularly until I moved last fall, but the lore is really well done. Every book is chock full of GM plot hooks, ideas, places.

The Dawn of Rebellion source book has some of the best background on the ISB I've seen.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Does anyone know if Edge has any plans for the line, at all? They made a big deal about getting it at the initial announcement back in March 2020, but they've had it for three years now, and basically nothing has happened.

Staffan

Legend
Does anyone know if Edge has any plans for the line, at all? They made a big deal about getting it at the initial announcement back in March 2020, but they've had it for three years now, and basically nothing has happened.
It seems to be in maintenance mode where they reprint stuff occasionally but aren't producing anything new. And to be honest, the game/games is/are pretty much complete with each line having a core book, six splat books (one per career), a GM screen/kit, and a small number of adventures. In addition, there are some books about "historical" eras primarily corresponding to the prequel movies and the Rebels TV show, as well as some other generic material.

It would be kind of neat to have a sourcebook for the Old Republic era (Tales of the Jedi/Knights of the Old Republic) or possibly the current High Republic stuff (which I don't know much about), but given that the Old Republic isn't canon anymore I don't think we'll see any of that. But other than that, I don't see much movement on the Star Wars games unless they make a second edition.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
It seems to be in maintenance mode where they reprint stuff occasionally but aren't producing anything new. And to be honest, the game/games is/are pretty much complete with each line having a core book, six splat books (one per career), a GM screen/kit, and a small number of adventures. In addition, there are some books about "historical" eras primarily corresponding to the prequel movies and the Rebels TV show, as well as some other generic material.

It would be kind of neat to have a sourcebook for the Old Republic era (Tales of the Jedi/Knights of the Old Republic) or possibly the current High Republic stuff (which I don't know much about), but given that the Old Republic isn't canon anymore I don't think we'll see any of that. But other than that, I don't see much movement on the Star Wars games unless they make a second edition.
There has been a lot of Star Wars stuff in the last few years. The Mandalorian, Andor, The Bad Batch, Obi-Wan, the list goes on. Edge and Disney are seriously leaving money on the table not supporting this stuff in the RPG line.

Staffan

Legend
There has been a lot of Star Wars stuff in the last few years. The Mandalorian, Andor, The Bad Batch, Obi-Wan, the list goes on. Edge and Disney are seriously leaving money on the table not supporting this stuff in the RPG line.
I wonder if it might be related to the... let's call it mixed reception the sequel trilogy got, and that they might want to stay away from that and things leading up to that era.

That said, the Mandalorian (at least season 1-2) is basically just Edge of the Empire anyway.

Remove ads