D&D 5E What is the most played published adventure on your table?

Sinister Secrets of Saltmarsh and Against the Cult of the Reptile God. For the DM, very easy to run. And great for introducing new players to role playing. Not just combat, but exploration and talking to NPC's. Plus, both are not bad for teaching new players resource management.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
The most-played published module for me is The Idol of Bala, but that's cheating a little because I wrote it.

But I've run it in Basic Fantasy RPG (which is the system it's written for), Rules Cyclopedia D&D (2x), and 5e. It's an easy little one-shot with some nifty twists.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Phandelver, I have run it once, and am running again.
I tend not to run things more than once (... glances at 2+ shelves filled with various adventures and APs)

Sithlord

Adventurer
Castle Caldwell is my starting adventure go to.
I see that module criticized so much. Yet imho it is the single best module for beginning players and especially beginning DM’s ever created. Yes there are better more exciting modules. But it is easy for newbies. I actually love to use that module if I am going to teach new players.

Fallen star

Explorer
I ran lost mines only once, for my son and his friends. The only published modules I've run more than once are Castle Ravenloft, twice, and Vault of the Dracolich, three times.

Morley_Dotes

Villager
Desert of Desolation (I3-I5) [4 different groups and added elements of Dune into it], Against the Cult of the reptile God (N1) [3 or 4 groups], and The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (U1) [Lost track, but never ran it past the 1st module in the trilogy due to the players wanting to head off somewhere else].

Bagpuss

Legend
The Lost Mine of Phandelver - I've run this twice, but then I've only got two groups on the go. Definitely one I would use again with a new group as an intro to D&D, much better module than the one in the Essentials Kit (that one is so flawed I could do a whole thread on it).

Most run published scenario I've done is Pax Cthuliana using 7th Ed Call of Cthulhu (though the module itself is system free). Made a load of props for it so I've run it for my original group, twice at conventions and again at a local games shop. So four times in total.

Generally most published stuff only gets one outing as they are too long to run at conventions and I just DM the one group usually.

Remove ads