• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is this adventure?

Ze

First Post
Yair said:
I remember reading the plot of this adventure, but can't seem to locate it. It was about some hidden cult/guild that have a deal with a kraken (or was it some other sea monster?): they lure ships into its reach, and it leaves them the treasure. Can anyone remember the adventure? I could use a name/link, as I was thinking of running it tomorrow....

Could be the kou-toas dwelling in the shrine in the Lake of Shadows in CotSQ?

LondonReign

First Post
radferth said:
I remember that one as well, Gizmo. I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of issue 80-100. I ran it as a one-shot in 1984. It was cool idea, but the adventure itself was not anything impressive. I would think that finding it and converting to 3rd ed. would take longer than making a better version yourself using the same idea, Yair.
I think this was then re-done for Dungeon under the title "North of Narboral" or something like that.

the Jester

Legend
Mouseferatu said:
Hmm...

About a zillion years ago, TSR released an "Adventure Pack" of a number of small modules. This sounds like vaguely like one of those, though I guess it also sounds like the one in Dragon other people have mentioned.

In terms of the Adventure Pack, I remember being partial to the scavenger hunt story, myself.

I really enjoyed the 'Steaks' adventure. ;)

Remove ads