• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is this creature?

carpedavid

First Post
DMH said:
Some kind of monkey that necromancers use as familiars.

Pets for tasloi or forest goblins.

A gargoyle or other animated statue of some sort.

Evil house spirit.

Servants of those creepy elves in the haunted forest.

An elder race whose forbidden knowledge caused their gods to curse them into this form. They scour the world try to keep others from making the same mistake.

Is this what you are looking for?

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. If you were to show this to your players as an illustration of a creature they were encountering, what would that creature be?

jmichels

First Post
It's a member of a hideous psionic race of some sort. They would be similar to the Thought Eater and hang out in the Etheral Plane. Physically weak but mentally strong.

It is a weird abomination with a deadly gaze attack. Maybe the gaze will cause the afflicted to burst into flames or something.

Some sort of mount for Evil Fey. Packs of these Fey ride upon this creature and fire their tiny poisoned arrows like pint-sized Mongols.

A filcher like creature that is loves to rob hapless adventuers. It's long, weird fingers grasping into their packs and stealing shiny trinkets. Maybe it is normally invisible or can move with complete silence.

I think it would be some sort of magical beast with a gaze attack (look at those eyes!!). Also, considering what someone else said above, I'd give it some sort of curse ability too, when it points its finger at you. Maybe like the spell bestow curse or something. The Gaze attack should be fairly weak, I think... maybe a save or be shaken sort of thing. Or maybe save or be dazed. He looks like he's got good racial bonuses to Listen and Spot as well.

As for a name..... don't know.. maybe Doom Rat, or something....

Daesumnor

First Post
atom crash said:
She's a Sith Lord, Darth Oogly.

Too funny. You win the internet :D

That is a weird little thing though. Psionic powers are such a must. You could maybe create more brutish but mentally incapacitated versions for them to control. Done before, I know...but this this just looks so freaky.

Oh, and it should talk like gollum on twelve different kinds of methamphetamines.

Remove ads