What is your favorite story hour - and Why?

Metus

First Post
Nemm's story hour is my most favorite, followed closely by Wulf's. One reason I got hooked with Nemm's story is cause he used to give massive updates frequently. Another reason is because of the great characters (both PC and NPC) that I could really care about. His story hour has a different feel from all the rest I've read, as does Wulf's. So kudos to them both.

Oh, and I love Sep's story hour. Doesn't everybody? ;)

Bob Aberton

First Post
Heretic of Wyre is...sinfully good (pun intended):D ;)

My own storyhour rocks, too. Thank you, Wicht, for your endorsement;) Follow the link in the sig. The leave a comment.:cool:

but of the ones I have read portions of so far, my favorites (other than my own ) are Wulf's and Abertons.

Jodo Kast

First Post
I'm partial to Cthuluftaghn's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil Story Hour (DMCthulu's Campaign) because I'm a player in the campaign (I'm the singleminded, overzealous, sometimes bungling cleric Gann Tolar). Cthulu does a great job of keeping things interesting, and the story hour is always fresh to me even though I've played through the events. His website (accessible through his story hour) has tons of artwork and goodies for DMs who wish to run RttToEE.

I read NiTessine's Dungeons & Warhammers thread for the first time today and really enjoyed it, it is extremely well written.

Last edited:

Malachai_rose

First Post
my favorites

Well I like a few, heh.

The first i would mention is Rel's Faded Glory story hour. The characters are cool, I especially like Speaks and Scar but all of them rock, also I like the way in which Rel can make even a kobold formidable with a level or two of sorcerer.

Next on the list is the Knights of the Silver Quill... thats fairly self explanatory, Vek rocks and nuff said on that acpount :D

Then is the new Ice Luck and Honor story hour, hey one of the central characters is a cleric of Tyr, heh,

Last but not least is Heros of the Vilhon Reach (shameless plug I realize). It's my group what can I say, heh, also its fun seeing the way Broc interprets the events in game and translates them into each post.

oh and if ya wanna go old skool ;) I loike the old time Meepos story hour, Malachai make nice with Meepo, lol.

There are numerous others I have started that are excellent but the length of the backstory can seem somewhat daunting to me sometimes. Though I'm workin on gettin over it :D

rackabello

First Post
I've only recently begun reading Story Hours in earnest, and I'm hooked on Piratecat's Defenders (great synthesis of action and roleplaying) and (contact)'s* Liberators (ditto, and damn funny too). But I also have to give high praise to ForceUser for the richly detailed writing in his Vietnamese adventures Story Hour. Planning on digging into Sagiro's, Sepulchrave's, Wulf's and doubtless others now that I'm caught up with these three.

*how does one punctuate that screen handle, anyway?

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Wulf Ratbane said:

If you like (contact)'s, I recommend mine.

Tsk tsk tsk. Shameless pandering. Soon, Wulf, I expect you to be posting things like "If you like Sagiro's, I recommend mine" and "If you like General Discussion I recommend mine." :D

Of course, you're correct, but that's besides the point.

- PCat

PS I'm just jealous I can't write in semi-first person like you can!

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Tsk tsk tsk. Shameless pandering.

No, it's just that (contact)'s Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil inspired me to start my story, and if I've captured a bit of that "damn funny" mood, it's thanks to him.

PS I'm just jealous I can't write in semi-first person like you can!

That's ok, I can't write in that semi-present tense that (contact) uses, either.

Wulf

Last edited:

Remove ads