What makes a Gold dragon GOLDl?

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Gold Dragons are definitely rare, mythical, or perhaps mystical depending on the setting.

However, it's the actions and personality of Gold Dragons that set them apart from many others.
I think my most striking thoughts regarding Gold Dragons is the soft manipulation of the many "lesser" species towards good, particularly humans. And if encountered directly, have a personality of a Wise, Noble, and Strong presence emanating from them as if in an aura. This can either turn into an aura of fear, if you rile the dragon, or an aura of calm and serenity if the dragon gets along with the party.

Time can seem to pass in an instant for those who encounter a Gold Dragon, a minute of conversation may be hours, while a day or two may stretch for weeks or longer..

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Named Golds

How many gold dragons are explicitly named in adventures or novels or other media?

The only one I can recall is "Filia Ul Copt" in Slayers Try; and the fact that she never got along with Xellos was due to his being a demon ("Mazoku") who stayed shape-shifted to appear human. (That suits her racial tendencies.)

Remove ads