What monster classes do you want?

Incenjucar

Legend
Personally, my introduction to D&D was through Planescape and Dark Sun, so I'm quite comfortable with things that hobbits wouldn't recognize, especially if it allows that many more players to play what they want in the more open games. That said, in most cases I'd prefer a type of creature to be a race - all the more reason I want them to make non-specific monster classes so potentially every monster AND many other ideas can be handled in 2-4 classes. While I'd love support for twenty different monsters, I wouldn't want to see 20 whole classes devoted to them.

gyor

Legend
I think that the most intelligent use of monster classes are ones that invovle something that transforms the character adding to the characters race instead of replacing it. Good examples are undead and weres are good, Ophids Iand Abolethic servitors believe would be another. Dragons, Beholders, Hydras would be bad. Basically anthing that can be applied as template. Even a transformation into a demon like Grazzt could be cool, a slow corruption by the Abyss. Elemental powersource of course.

Jhaelen

First Post
So, keeping in mind that monsters only need the class treatment if they can't be balanced as races... what other monsters would you like to see class-ified? (ducks rotten tomato)
Hopefully none. Unless they plan to release a setting that requires all pcs to be monsters...

Last edited:

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I'd love to see a ghost class. That's a kind of character that I've wanted to play for a long time.

That cancelled 2011 Ravenloft game that was previewed at GenCon mentioned players being able to play vampires and werewolves, so maybe werewolf is on the horizon.

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
When you have a "monster class", it need to be something that interact with the available races. For instance, any race can become a vampire. So you need something in that "template" vein. Ghosts and werewolves are interesting choices (although ghosts would have to be "semi-real" to avoid having insubstantial + phasing 24/7.

I would love to play a troll, what can I say :(. Always wanted to in 3rd and never got around to it, now this can of worms opened up I might be able to brew something up and see that long term (8 years) plan come to fruition!

Klaus

First Post
I would love to play a troll, what can I say :(. Always wanted to in 3rd and never got around to it, now this can of worms opened up I might be able to brew something up and see that long term (8 years) plan come to fruition!
Play a goliath Battlerage Vigor fighter and paint him green.

Ktulu

First Post
Yuan-ti - no question. I am considering a return to a long-running campaign with Yuan-ti as the primary antagonists. A return in which a player was a Yuan-ti would make for a very interesting and new direction to take.

might just utilize the vampire class as a template for doing so, actually...

Remove ads